inTank Media Baskets

College Reefing -- 10 Gallon Nano Build -- Mixed Reef

nyknicks4412

Sorry you didn't get what you ordered, but that's pretty common. If you even get the right number of each type it's amazing. Hopefully you ended up with some good pieces though.

ur making me nervous about my order with mr coral. mines are coming this thursday and i hope they dont mess up with my order=[. btw great tank! looks like we are on the same boat=p, dorm room tank ftw =]

nyknicks4412
ur making me nervous about my order with mr coral. mines are coming this thursday and i hope they dont mess up with my order=[. btw great tank! looks like we are on the same boat=p, dorm room tank ftw =]

Ya how many corals did you order? I would say about 75% weren't what they were on the site or were a complete swap. And the WYSISYG isn't the case...because I am seeing some of the corals I ordered on the site. Good luck though. I will be contacting him.

Dorm room tanks are great though! Makes it feel less like a jail cell...

Ya how many corals did you order? I would say about 75% weren't what they were on the site or were a complete swap. And the WYSISYG isn't the case...because I am seeing some of the corals I ordered on the site. Good luck though. I will be contacting him.

i orderd about 20 frags from 10$ section. hopefully they are all the frags that i pick. you from new york by any chance? j/w from ur username :happydance:

nyknicks4412
i orderd about 20 frags from 10$ section. hopefully they are all the frags that i pick. you from new york by any chance? j/w from ur username :happydance:

I contacted him and we are working it out so we'll see. And close CT...but I got to school in Boston. You in the NYC area?

Yep, that's the case. I would say none of my pieces were wysiwyg. It's a learning cost though. I know better now. Attributing it to high sales volume is nonsense. If you're not organized enough that you can pull the right pieces then this isn't the business for you. It also happens pretty consistently (the vast majority of the time) from what I've gathered, and isn't an occassional flaw. Keep us updated on what he does, because I'm curious how he'll handle this. The option he gave me was full refund (minus a restocking fee I assume), or a freebie on a future order. I won't be getting either. Sending it back would've been the smart thing but it would've been such a pain to pack up and send back, and even then I know none of it would arrive in great condition.

I also waited two weeks before having my order sent and it was still fresh cut...

I contacted him and we are working it out so we'll see. And close CT...but I got to school in Boston. You in the NYC area?

o yeah. i am from nyc but i go to school in buffalo. going to be a pain to move my tank back after my school years over.=[

nyknicks4412
o yeah. i am from nyc but i go to school in buffalo. going to be a pain to move my tank back after my school years over.=[

Ya I am lucky...I am at school full time in the summer and winter so no moving for me except across campus to different dorm rooms. I plan on upgrading sizes during this move though!

Yep, that's the case. I would say none of my pieces were wysiwyg. It's a learning cost though. I know better now. Attributing it to high sales volume is nonsense. If you're not organized enough that you can pull the right pieces then this isn't the business for you. It also happens pretty consistently (the vast majority of the time) from what I've gathered, and isn't an occassional flaw. Keep us updated on what he does, because I'm curious how he'll handle this. The option he gave me was full refund (minus a restocking fee I assume), or a freebie on a future order. I won't be getting either. Sending it back would've been the smart thing but it would've been such a pain to pack up and send back, and even then I know none of it would arrive in great condition.

I also waited two weeks before having my order sent and it was still fresh cut...

Ya thats how I feel too but we'll see what the outcome is for me! If he makes it right I will be happy with my order...waiting to post pictures until corals are looking halfway decent haha. I will definitely keep you updated. I have a thread on his forums that I am updating as well as I want people to know how my order turned out since there are so many questions about him on here. Giving him the opportunity to make mine right before passing judgement.

I did the waiting period too and it did look fresh cut as well though...

Ya I am lucky...I am at school full time in the summer and winter so no moving for me except across campus to different dorm rooms. I plan on upgrading sizes during this move though!

Ya thats how I feel too but we'll see what the outcome is for me! If he makes it right I will be happy with my order...waiting to post pictures until corals are looking halfway decent haha. I will definitely keep you updated. I have a thread on his forums that I am updating as well as I want people to know how my order turned out since there are so many questions about him on here. Giving him the opportunity to make mine right before passing judgement.

I did the waiting period too and it did look fresh cut as well though...

i got my shipment today, kinda disappointing. check my threat out. i posted pics

• 2 weeks later...
nyknicks4412
i got my shipment today, kinda disappointing. check my threat out. i posted pics

Saw your thread! Sorry you were disappointed...maybe contact him about it?

Saw your thread! Sorry you were disappointed...maybe contact him about it?

the 3/5 sps is officially dead after a week in my tank. i think the shipment put them into too much shock. however, 2 of them starting to have polyp extension and color is recovering. which is good :happydance: . hows ur MR Coral coral turn out? pics please =D

nyknicks4412
the 3/5 sps is officially dead after a week in my tank. i think the shipment put them into too much shock. however, 2 of them starting to have polyp extension and color is recovering. which is good :happydance: . hows ur MR Coral coral turn out? pics please =D

Just got everything worked out and will be posting pics tomorrow with a review once everything opens up B)

pictures look great. Yeah the same problem with SPS keeping SPS alive when I first set up my tank. but as soon as i got my water parameters and filtration just right i had no problem keeping them.

Archived