ReefCleaners.org

first coral with a parasite(?)

pj1298

so i got my first coral yesterday ( i beleive its a pillar coral. the guy at my lfs said the coral i was looking at would be too.lighy demanding for my tank and suggested thos one and because i was so exited i forgot to ask him what it was :-\ )it looks like it had a feather duster coming out of it and going in every few seconds. http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=%2F...h?v=A4MCqv2mfY4 should i worry about it? amy ideas on how to get it off? i looked it up and it is a flabelligerid worm. i already tired usimg tweezers but the worm

is to quick.

I don't think you can link a video from your Youtube desktop like that. I can't see it.

However, if it is indeed a bristle cage worm (Flabelligeridae sp), it is harmless. Just leave it alone.

That's a candy cane coral. Not sure what the worms name is, but it has 2 hair like strings on its head? Right? If so it is a harmless filter feeder related to spaghetti worms.

I don't think you can link a video from your Youtube desktop like that. I can't see it.

However, if it is indeed a bristle cage worm (Flabelligeridae sp), it is harmless. Just leave it alone.

Link worked on myipad. I didn't think it would work either.

Oh k thanks for replying so fast. Next time I will try to remember to ask :P and one more question. The coral came on a plug that is HUGE so I just buried the plug under the sand and put a thing layer of sand over the parts that stuck out. Will it be okay like that? And if I decide to remove it from the plug how should I do it? ( I figured if I did decide to remove it from the plug I should wait a week )

Archived