Cultivated Reef

Candy or Trumpet?

akima283

What is the difference between the two? Google reaveal one is more colorful that the other, but I don't really see the difference. Seems to me one is more tall and scraggly and the other is more short and fat. I guess my eye is not trained enough to see the difference? Is there a difference?

Look through saltwater fish . Com. They have, no joke, at least 5 or 6 completely different coral species that they call "trumpet coral". Everything from candy cane to torch coral. It's just a street name, like in high school when they said people would call Cocaine by names like Charlie and powder puffs. nobody ever really calls it that.

( come to think about it, after Charlie sheen, maybe they will call it Charlie now)

would call Cocaine by names like Charlie and powder puffs. nobody ever really calls it that.

( come to think about it, after Charlie sheen, maybe they will call it Charlie now)

+1

So is essentially a candy cane the same as a trumpet...being that I don't know the scientific name of what I bought from my LFS?

they called it a 'trumpet', but then again, of all the youngster-teenaged pimple employees there, only 1 seemed to know jack about the coral tank.

Archived