Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

best brands of coral food

bsdryder7

So i have been thinking now that i have a descent amount of coral maybe i should start feeding the tank better ??

i have a 28nc HQI with two maxijets and 5 fish and right now im only feeding the tank with some flakes and NLS pellets i add some zooplankton twice a week ......

i have a mixed LPS ,Stony coral,zoa tank (sps comming soon)

i have heard good things about rod's food ??

i am just trying to see what people use and reviews about them smile.gif

TELL ME WHAT U FEED YOUR TANK

Some corals eat different things. A lot of lps love mysis, cyclopeeze, rods, shrimp,

Others like zoas sps love small particle stuff like phytoplankton... Things like reef roids Marine snow. Coral frenzy.

everyone has their favorite and mine are all listed above

rods fish food is great

I recommend this for larger tanks only. Very, very messy. I personally find reefcleaners filter feeder food mixed with just enough water to liquefy it to be best. Not messy, and my corals love it more than anything else that I have tried so far. When spring hits i will be feeding freshly caught shiners :)

I recommend this for larger tanks only. Very, very messy. I personally find reefcleaners filter feeder food mixed with just enough water to liquefy it to be best. Not messy, and my corals love it more than anything else that I have tried so far. When spring hits i will be feeding freshly caught shiners :)

+1

And can feed heavier without the nitrate build up.

I feed my tank chicken and turkey to keep cholesterol levels in check. :mellow:

thats great cause i was thinking that the tri-tip might be to heav lol.....

My tank goes nuts for that filter feeder formula stuff from reefcleaners. Snails pop out of the sand, shrimps come a-runnin, tentacles come out everywhere. That jar will last me forever, too. Bonus.

I've been using oysterfeast and redsea reef energy 2part w/ the biweekly spot feedings of selcon/phyto/garlic soaked mysis & cyclo

I culture live phytoplankton that some of the pickier corals like my alveopora seem to really reapond to. Its fairly easy to do, just need an aerator, a plastic bottle, a culture of phyto, algae food and a light... I have so much of it for my 9g that i hVe to give a lot away. Pods go crazy for it too.

Archived