Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

12" Rimless LED Cube - SPS/LPS/Softies Build Thread

FireCorals

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yes, we will be sponsors here on Nano-Reef in the next coming days as well as be releasing other color combinations and fixtures in the near future. This particular lamp will be going for $99.. If you have any more questions or concerns, please feel free to PM me.

I would like to wait til we are official sponsors before taking anymore questions publicly out of respect for current sponsors and Christopher Marks.

Let's try to keep this about my build :)

sounds cool. cant wait to hear more.

I hope it works out for ya :) I am still debating on what kinda tank to build. I seen this freaking awesome looking tank online the other day, it was a Non-photosynthesis coral Build. See link

Click Here

Freaking awesome! I am so jealous of this tank.. absolutely beautiful

Thank you and yes, that is a gorgeous tank!

suscribed.....

sounds cool. cant wait to hear more.

Thanks guys!

New frags and equipment should be here Tuesday... I am getting really tempted to go frag some of my mother colonies, but too far and I don't mind getting more pieces that I do not already own :)

Just did a 60% water change. New frags should be here by Wednesday. Going to be placing the order for an inTank AC70 Media Basket, EcoTech MP10 and an RO/DI system so I can start using H2ocean salt again for water changes and setup my JBJ ATO that I happened to find in all my equipment (YAAAY). And of course.... More frags!

More updates coming soon... Zoa frags will be here today :)

MP10 finally ordered, been really busy getting some new products in align for LEDTRiC ... Will be ordering inTank Media Basket as well.

Mike. Tank looks good but I would like to know how you did left handed 90s for the screen top without it bowing or structurally failing lol I must know

Stainless steel "L" brackets with stainless steel nuts and bolts, was pretty easy to do after I failed a few times, lol. Will try to get a close up picture later today.

Yes please do I have a ...well catastrophic screen top with 4 points of entry on the back wall and the plastic ones...well lol don't work to well

Yes please do I have a ...well catastrophic screen top with 4 points of entry on the back wall and the plastic ones...well lol don't work to well

Lol. I hear you. Here is the close up, I wanted to wait til I was completely done with it to post pics, but hopefully this can help you out. I still have to super glue the points after I get them a bit tighter, then epoxy, sand and reprint to get it looking clean-er :)

screen-corner.jpg

Lookig good! What an incredible job on the screen top!!!

Thank you! Still some work left before its completed finished as stated above.

Well, the frags got here!

Teaser:

new-frags-teaser.jpg

Full Tank Shot (sorry for the mess, been busy)

fts-nano-reef-02-2012.jpg

I will update with pics of the new frags once they have completely opened.

Thanks for looking everyone!

How come you went with one rock?

Mostly to give room for SPS to grow out, when I decide it's ready to start adding them, not to mention that the Ricordia I am going to add are already on decent sized rocks.

You know...I never thought of that because of the metal haha...but the frames are metal...whoops thanks mike

Lol. I can't wait til I have more time to finish it, I have a bit of OCD and it bothers me to see it unfinished.

Lol. Sorry, I have been really busy. Will try to post some updates this week. Got some new things coming... Livestock / equipment... FIXTURES :o

• 3 weeks later...

I have severely neglected this thread, but I will have updates and new pictures on Tuesday/Wednesday.

For now, some teasers on new items/livestock.

*VorTech MP10

*inTank Media Basket with

-Purigen

-ChemiClean Elite

-Poly Filter

-Submersible Fuge Lighting

-Live Rock Rubble

-Chaeto

*Apogee MQ-200 PAR Meter

*28 SPS/LPS/Zoanthid Frags from MrCoral.com in process of canceling order, will never do business with this individual.

More updates soon :) Including a new tank :x

Well, the MP10 was way too powerful, going to have to maybe use a Koralia or a tunze nano stream.

Some new purchases I got today from Coral Kingdom in Pembroke Pines, Florida... They have amazing stuff! Sorry for my terrible pics, they do them no justice!

Purple Tipped Green Frogspawn

frogspawn.jpg

Watermelon Chalice

watermelon-chalice.jpg

Cornbred Bubblegum Chalice

cornbred-bubblegum-chalice.jpg

Beautiful Prism Favia, forgot the name.

prism-favia.jpg

Black Occellaris Pair

black-occ-pair.jpg

Going back very soon!

Got a few more frags and a Garf Diversity Package. Some pics below:

Candy Apple Reds

candy-apple-reds.jpg

Riddler Chalice

riddler-chalice.jpg

Mohawk Palys and GSP

mohawk-palyas.jpg

Full tank shot after adding Garf Diversity Package, will update when it clears up.

IMG_1341.JPG

Why do you all think?

1fishmonger

I see bryopsis. Get that the heck away from your tank! A single frag is not worth the battle with bryopsis. I'd recommend cutting that entire section of it off.

I see bryopsis. Get that the heck away from your tank! A single frag is not worth the battle with bryopsis. I'd recommend cutting that entire section of it off.

On the Favia right?

There is a lot of detritus in the tank right now, waiting for it to all go away so I can see what I am doing and maybe dose some peroxide.

Archived