Pod Your Reef

Nudibranch ID?

Rehype

Hey guys i found this little hitchhiker during a waterchange. Since i wasnt sure whether he was harmful or not i removed him to take some pictures. Any ideas? Thanks for any feedback

nudibranch02.jpg

nudibranch01.jpg

nudibranch00.jpg

Have fun!

^I've clicked through this whole list a half dozen times. It's tough matching em up. I'll post here if I find it.

-Edit

Click through every ten or 20 or so... When you see something that looks similar, click around it til you get it. It's like mine sweeper.

Have fun!

^I've clicked through this whole list a half dozen times. It's tough matching em up. I'll post here if I find it.

-Edit

Click through every ten or 20 or so... When you see something that looks similar, click around it til you get it. It's like mine sweeper.

Thanks for the link kg im going to go through it.

I don't know what it is, but I think he's a keeper!

I doubt he will stay alive long term i just wanted to make sure he wasnt harmful

were'd you find him?

He was just crawling on the glass of my display...

Any coral or macro in your tank that's suddenly got chew/bleach marks on it?

When's the last time you added something to the tank that wasn't dipped?

Can you get a pic of the back end of the nudi? Alot of times the ID is made based on the gills.

ill try to get a pic ..

Any coral or macro in your tank that's suddenly got chew/bleach marks on it?

When's the last time you added something to the tank that wasn't dipped?

my coral are all fine it looks like a spongivore i feel bad since theres no way to keep it alive.

neat! I hope you figure out what it eats and can keep it alive

if it is a spongivore maybe you could post on your local forums to buy pineapple sponges from peoples fuges or maybe a cheap 'macro sponge'?

Archived