Coral Vue Hydros

Nano Skimmers?

Stoops718

I know a skimmer is not neccasary for a nano because of the easy water changes. Just thought maybe make my life a little easier and not have to done them weekly since I am a busy full-time working father of 3. Has anyone heard anything about these skimmers?

Nano Skimmers

How would I get any of these to work for my Fluval Edge 12 gallon with an AC20 and MP10?

surgicalsense
I don't see how I could fit one in my Fluval Edge.

Um .. it wouldn't :mellow:

... it might be one of those things where your tank is not skimmer friendly.

4g is a little much...I do 5 a week in my 29g bc...I would say on a 12g no more than 2g...

Thanks for the tip. Makes the water change even easier.

More is not bad

Gonna stick with the 4 gallons since that is what I have been doing already. It's not much water anyways. Thanks.

Gonna stick with the 4 gallons since that is what I have been doing already. It's not much water anyways. Thanks.
If its working for you then just stick with it.
I think it is...Really you better off doing multiple smaller changes than you are 1 huge one...

I have been doing 50% water changes on my bc29 the past 3 weeks and less algae and corals inflate more

godfathernikki

4 gal does seem like a bit much. I also have a 12 gal tank and I do a 2.5 gal change every weekend. Seems to be just the right amount to keep everything clean and happy. 4 gal may be working for you, but it may also be a waste of $$$. I'd suggest trying 2-2.5 gal weekly and see how it goes. If you see an increase in algae/cyano though, go back to 4 gal.

I think it is...Really you better off doing multiple smaller changes than you are 1 huge one...

Where did you read this?

Could you explain specifically how multiple small changes are better than one huge one?

It's not much of a battle, and there are many many many threads on here about it.

There is nothing in your old water that you would need to save. A lot seem to think it is alive and full of bacteria when the majority of that is in your rock. Water changes import trace elements and remove waste. More the merrier. The main thing is to keep what you do consistent. So if you don't do many water changes then all of a sudden do a 100% change you may piss a few things off.

It's not much of a battle, and there are many many many threads on here about it.

There is nothing in your old water that you would need to save. A lot seem to think it is alive and full of bacteria when the majority of that is in your rock. Water changes import trace elements and remove waste. More the merrier. The main thing is to keep what you do consistent. So if you don't do many water changes then all of a sudden do a 100% change you may piss a few things off.

Thanks for the explanation. It helps a lot.

Wow..ok...Iam wrong your right...Battle over...So is me as a customer..

Archived