Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Fluval Edge Dimensions ?

divy

Hello all,

I was wondering if some of you fluval edge owners could help me out

Im thinking of setting up a 12g fluval edge and want to customize it abit and need some info about the dimentions of some parts which are the same as the 6g

I would like to know the size of the hood (L x W x H) i know the AI nano fits which i will most likely get but i would like to see if a kessil will fit

also i would like to know the size of the opening where the filter sits (L x W) because i would like to make a hang on type of fuge with skimmer that sits in there and want to see what type of skimmer i could squeeze in there

Any help with these measurements would be greatly appreciated

cheers

Hello all,

I was wondering if some of you fluval edge owners could help me out

Im thinking of setting up a 12g fluval edge and want to customize it abit and need some info about the dimentions of some parts which are the same as the 6g

I would like to know the size of the hood (L x W x H) i know the AI nano fits which i will most likely get but i would like to see if a kessil will fit

also i would like to know the size of the opening where the filter sits (L x W) because i would like to make a hang on type of fuge with skimmer that sits in there and want to see what type of skimmer i could squeeze in there

Any help with these measurements would be greatly appreciated

cheers

It has the same size opening as the 6gal biggest you could go is an AC50 fuge if you remove the OE light

thanks for the reply mfchop,

Yeah i know the 6g is the same as the 12g thats why i mentioned it so people with the 6g could help me out too

thanks for letting my know a AC50 will fit i will take that into consideration but i have my heart set on making a custom hang on so i can hopefully fit some sort of skimmer in there plus heater and media

so there is no equipment beside a mp10 in the tank

if you have the measurements id love to know what they are

thanks again mate

Thanks for taking the time to take the pics Camry your an absolute champ in my books mate!!!

I now know the kessil a150w is too tall to fit so ill be going for a AI nano sol

also its great that the back part is 3.5" because i didnt know if i made a hang on unit that a hydor nano slim skimmer (3") could fit but now i do

i was going to use a air driven skimmer like the pico aquariums one but prefure the hydor so i dont have to change air stones every 3-4 weeks

thanks again camry

P.S time for me to play on sketchup now and learn how to read chinese tape measure

Archived