SaltCritters.com

My new ecopico !

asherah

Thanks. Unfortunately I've been sick for a few weeks so this on hold until I get better. =/

I really want to go get the supplies but just not up for it.

asherah

Nice tank!

P.S. Don't listen to anything EZ says....all lies .........................

.................................j/k

Wow I just went and checked out local store here and wow that filter is double the price of amazon. I bought a few things but it ended up being a lot more expensive than it would have been online. =/ Got 8 lbs of jakarta uncured rock tho.

Well got the rock in. It was seriously cloudy. Finally starting to settle today. I had the little filter in there for awhile to help clear the water. Right now it has an ac 20 but next month I plan on getting an ac 70 and an intank basket for it. Do you think it's too much rock ? Oh I smashed one of the rocks in half as it was huge and saw a bristle worm.

6814117817_8a9c88c3ba.jpg

New nano ecopico by asherah2, on Flickr

asherah

Looks great!

I want to catch some b worms and toss them in mine! They are great cuc members!

come on over to my place...I got bazillions of em...nasty little buggers, and ballsy too!

LoL! I was surprised when I saw him but figured he would help clean up so left him in the rock =) He wasn't too big either. Hoping tomorrow it's nice and clear! The water was really foamy last night and part of today. Is that normal ?

LoL! I was surprised when I saw him but figured he would help clean up so left him in the rock =) He wasn't too big either. Hoping tomorrow it's nice and clear! The water was really foamy last night and part of today. Is that normal ?

Take a all white paper towel and clear the surface. New tanks take days to get the biofilm to lock down the sand and other little particles. The worst part is that if you move a rock tomorrow you will cloud the water again just as bad. I couldent see my first scape for a week. I would move something and bam! Milk

I didn't rinse my sand so it just made it worse. I wanted all the little aragonite particles to stay in the tank for extra calcium

ahhh I didn't wash mine either.. Didn't realise I should. Ah well. =)

Don't worry!

I did it on purpose. U will be happy u did for coralline algae and maintaining calcium.

That purple up stuff is nothing more than aragonite dust

Nice. I saw at the store and considered it. Guess I won't have to get it =)

The rock has macroalgae on it as well as some white areas that are kinda slimy. Not sure what those are.

Also what kind of coral can I keep with 3 led strips ?

asherah

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

AC 20 is enough for your size, most reefers for higher current will go with the AC70.

I like the rimless look of this tank....

Thanks =) Yeh I want to get a 70 and the basket from intank. Have to wait till next month tho heh.

asherah

ps I've named the bristleworm george =p

Hey Mike would the Rio® Mini Sun Moonlight (LED) Daylight &Deep Sea Blue (combo light be good for cheato ?

Micro-Reefs Aquariums
Thanks =) Yeh I want to get a 70 and the basket from intank. Have to wait till next month tho heh.

asherah

ps I've named the bristleworm george =p

Hey Mike would the Rio® Mini Sun Moonlight (LED) Daylight &Deep Sea Blue (combo light be good for cheato ?

The Rio Mini Combo LED is more blue than direct white, I don't have any empirical data that would say yes it will grow cheato.

I would probably guess, NO! and say it requires typical 6,700 Kelvin vs the higher kelvin I'm seeing visually.

They make a Rio all daylight, I would suspect that has a better chance on growing Cheato, I use go grow my cheato with the old 9 inch Coralife Aqua Mini fixture with dual bulbs 6,700 K.

Hope that helps you out.... : ;)

Wow I just tested the water in the nano. Currently the ammonia is 8ppm and nitrates are 5ppm. Also tested phosphates and it's at 2ppm. I've got some chemipure elite I want to put in after the cycle so hoping that will bring down e phosphates.

Archived