SaltCritters.com

Will filter floss starve pods in AC fuge?

zacowacko

So my big tiger pods will still get enough through fine filter floss?

I also worry that I pull a lot of pods out when I change floss.

Where should I put purigen and chemi. In front of floss by intake tube of the AC or behind floss on other side of devider with the chaeto? Seems like I saw it once by intake tube on somebodys AC on here

In my AC 70 intank media basket the Purigen is in the lower chamber after the filter floss. The filter floss goes next to the heater in the vertical chamber which is closest to the intake. I keep carbon and cheato in the upper chamber above the purigen.

In my AC 70 intank media basket the Purigen is in the lower chamber after the filter floss. The filter floss goes next to the heater in the vertical chamber which is closest to the intake. I keep carbon and cheato in the upper chamber above the purigen.

I did the do it yourself way. Only one small chamber and then the bigger one for chaeto. I'm wondering if anyone has went this route and stuck chemi and or purigen by the intake tube

if your worried about loosing pods, you can always start a culture. Ive got 2 going at the moment, and Im getting great results as far as multiplying goes. I have my floss as the first from the intake, than chaeto and LR, and than carbon and chemipure. You obviously want the nutrients to be absorbed by the bio filter (chaeto & LR) before hitting the chemical filter so it doesnt have to do all the work.

Archived