Pod Your Reef

Walking Dendro

bringman

Everything in the tank looks great and water parameters are all good.

Wondering if anyone has any experience.

The worm inside is alive cause the coral is still moving but flesh hasn't extended for a few days.

Thanks for help in advance

Everything in the tank looks great and water parameters are all good.

Wondering if anyone has any experience.

The worm inside is alive cause the coral is still moving but flesh hasn't extended for a few days.

Thanks for help in advance

I have had a diffucult time gettin mine to extend as well. I have had it for almost a year, it only extends at night, and even at that only about half way. I take it out of the main tank and place it in a seperate container about once a week and spot feet. It eats slowly, but I have to make sure that it is comletely finished, or the cleaner shrimp I have will tear it apart. I believe you really have to overfeed to keep them open.

Twounine, look up dendro training methods. You can without a doubt train it to stay open durin the day. It could only be opening half way at night bc the moonlights are too strong, current is too turbulent, or shrimp is annoying it like you said. Try keeping a glass or something similar over it while it eats, or better yet baste the shrimp unroll it gets the idea to stay away.

As for op, I still don't know what you mean by a walking dendro or worms inside of it???

Twounine, look up dendro training methods. You can without a doubt train it to stay open durin the day. It could only be opening half way at night bc the moonlights are too strong, current is too turbulent, or shrimp is annoying it like you said. Try keeping a glass or something similar over it while it eats, or better yet baste the shrimp unroll it gets the idea to stay away.

As for op, I still don't know what you mean by a walking dendro or worms inside of it???

patback,

this is what I am talking about http://reefbuilders.com/2009/10/05/heterop...ling-creatures/

twounine, dont know if you are talking about the same dendro, mine has been open all day every day for almost a year up until recently, cant seem to figure out what is bothering it

patback,

this is what I am talking about http://reefbuilders.com/2009/10/05/heterop...ling-creatures/

twounine, dont know if you are talking about the same dendro, mine has been open all day every day for almost a year up until recently, cant seem to figure out what is bothering it

Yes, that is the same coral I have. I haven't seen anything bother it, with the exception of the cleaner shrimp at feeding time, but mine only opens at night.

Yes, that is the same coral I have. I haven't seen anything bother it, with the exception of the cleaner shrimp at feeding time, but mine only opens at night.

I will start looking at night to see if he has flipped his open schedule. I havent seen anything bother mine at all. Is use to open really big and would eat massive amounts of food. The flesh still looks good on the inside just no tentacle extension.

Thanks for the idea

New tiger shrimp and hi finned goby but they are in the middle of the tank and the coral is on one side.

It only moves a few inches a night and isnt by anything that can sting it.

Thanks for thinking

I will start looking at night to see if he has flipped his open schedule. I havent seen anything bother mine at all. Is use to open really big and would eat massive amounts of food. The flesh still looks good on the inside just no tentacle extension.

Thanks for the idea

"the species is actually photosynthetic and it extends brown and green tentacles during the day."

I wouldn't expect to find it open at night.

Archived