SaltCritters.com

PicO Aquariums

PicO Aquariums

PicO Aquariums

You guys where asking about the ATO and I don't see why the enclosure should hold up a preview!

6799158349_4858de9d7f_z.jpg

6799157931_9cded62c0f_z.jpg

Tried to keep things as minimal as possible.

• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I will also be offering a entire line of mini sized plugs and frag accessories for picos. No more huge frag plugs!!

These are standard size smaller racks in the picture. The new stuff will hold more in the same foot print.

thats awesome man. when you think that stuff is going to be available to order?

You guys where asking about the ATO and I don't see why the enclosure should hold up a preview!

6799158349_4858de9d7f_z.jpg

6799157931_9cded62c0f_z.jpg

Tried to keep things as minimal as possible.

this i like as well. i have a bunch of small stuff that im going to have to order for my new build.

PicO Aquariums
thats awesome man. when you think that stuff is going to be available to order?

this i like as well. i have a bunch of small stuff that im going to have to order for my new build.

Couple weeks if I can stay ahead of the work here.

You're becoming the full service tank guy. When can we expect to see other models like the Barracuda or Manta Ray? I'm looking to redo to a cleaner, smaller setup.

PicO Aquariums
You're becoming the full service tank guy. When can we expect to see other models like the Barracuda or Manta Ray? I'm looking to redo to a cleaner, smaller setup.

I am working on a new website this week to launch next week. All the previous units will be on there they will just have the new updated sumps. The footprints will remain the same.

All these new products will be added at the time of launch or in the weeks following.

I'm here to make the things that are needed in the hobby that the big guys don't do.

A lot of what I do has and will continue to come from you guys and your direct input here on NR

Aww man, you are going to make some of us with the older models jealous and envious......j/k!

Can't wait to see the new website, and maybe will have to grab one of the new auto top-offs - nice work!

I might buy one of your pico's when the site goes back up. To much sexiness not to buy.

inorite

I might need one in the kitchen...

I'm here to make the things that are needed in the hobby that the big guys don't do.

A lot of what I do has and will continue to come from you guys and your direct input here on NR

this is why you guys will continue to have good successes. I love when small businesses listen to the people that they surve the most.

good works guys. cant wait to see more stuff to come.

this is why you guys will continue to have good successes. I love when small businesses listen to the people that they surve the most.

good works guys. cant wait to see more stuff to come.

You guys have some outstanding idea an I can't wait for the future.

I am working on a new website this week to launch next week. All the previous units will be on there they will just have the new updated sumps. The footprints will remain the same.

All these new products will be added at the time of launch or in the weeks following.

I can't wait! I wish you were doing this stuff over a year ago when I first started, it would have made things easier. I'd imagine that creating this custom gear for us as a market might not be easy but thank you for making it possible.

PicO Aquariums

This is more of a hobby for me then a business.

Usually I close in the summer because I work 10-12hr days in my day job.

With the new equipment i have now I may be able to stay open all year now though.

I used to make everything by hand and now I have a CNC to do the work for me.

I am actually considering renting out time on the CNC for anyone wanting custom precision items made.

Like custom sumps and walls for DIY builds or whatever really. I know most don't have access to this type of thing so maybe all those good ideas that would have never come to light floating around out there finally will.

PicO Aquariums
By any chance are you going to be making a media basket for the barracuda??

For the new units yes. For the old units yes and no. They won't be on the site but I can custom make one for you to fit the older unit.

PicO Aquariums
What's the bio filtration grid? Surface area for bacteria?

It gives turf algae a place to grow and grip better to remove excess nutrients naturaly. Natural filtration without having to see the ugly algea in the display.

PicO Aquariums

Pulled this from the new website describing the 2.0 sump design.

PicO sump 2.0

The improvements begin with the introduction of a second row of intake vents at the bottom of chamber one to allow for more water movement and less chamber debris build up. The added flow will also allow for better skimming if chamber one is used to house a PicO skimmer. Moving up chamber one we come to to the new adjustable Bio Baffle. This new baffle allows you to adjust the water height of the display to suit your needs. Now adding a replacement high flow pump or additional pump for SPS and other high water movement coral is possible without the risk of overflow or excess salt creep. The top of the baffle also doubles as a turf algae growth plate to help naturally remove excess nutrients from the water. Chamber two now includes a two tier media carriage to assist in the filtration process before reaching the return pump and ultimately the display. Tray one is setup to contain filter floss or micro fiber mat to remove larger particles from the water stream before entering the second area where it is then further cleaned by Biological Macro Allege filtration. The back of chamber two in the media carriage and glass has been left clear to allow for the use of a refugium light. Running a light on reverse cycle from your main display will keep your Macro algae healthy and also aid in the stabilization of your water quality. Exiting the media carriage at the bottom of chamber two the water will make the journey up and over a single baffle and into chamber three. Sponge can be added at this location to keep any debris from the refugium area out of chamber three. Periodic cleaning of the return pump and pump chamber is recommended if a debris sponge is not used. Chamber three houses the return pump and Auto top off switch. This chamber can also be used to contain your heater and any probes. Great thought has been put into our second generation sumps to help you keep your slice of ocean beautiful and clean.

I'm really excited about this. Really, I want the chambers to hide equipment and to grow chaeto for pH, but not all nano tanks (especially picos) feature them for some reason.

Not to be too picky, but it's a sump by definition lower than the rest of the tank? I often hear rear-chambers used refer to these all-in-one systems.

PicO Aquariums

It ain't easy to pack everything in such a small area that's for sure.

I don't think most larger companies are 100% in touch with what people are doing with the units or maybe it's just not cost effective to build stuff in like that I don't know. At the scale I am doing things it is much easier for me to change the design and add stuff then say Oceanic that most likely builds thousands of units a second :P .

I never really gave it much thought.

I suppose you are right though. I have always considered a sump when referring to a reef system as added water volume and a place to keep filtration. I agree rear chambers would better describe the system though. Thanks for bringing that to my attention.

Archived