Cultivated Reef

PicO Aquariums

PicO Aquariums

• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any info on the Pico Led unit? I like it! Maybe spectrum, number of leds, optics, it also says dimming, so where are the dimming components (on the led unit or on a remote ballast)?

PicO Aquariums
Any info on the Pico Led unit? I like it! Maybe spectrum, number of leds, optics, it also says dimming, so where are the dimming components (on the led unit or on a remote ballast)?

1 blue, 1 royal blue, 1 green, 1 red, 2 white. Cree 3w 700ma

No optics needed as it tests high par values all the way to the bottom and optics would add more prism effect.

I do not offer diming on the unit stock but I will offer a add on box down the road for those that are unable to build their own. Diming can be done by anyone using a arduino micro controller as that has become a very popular option.

There are 4 channels to be controlled. Red,green,blue,white. Pwm control of each channel can be accessed via a usb port on the rear of the unit and requires a 0-5v signal for dimming. this means the light can be directly dimmed from the pwm pins on the arduino. There will be a support forum on the website giving more detail on how to access the PWM for dimming and how to wire up the arduino. There will also be room there the discussion and posting of working code.

PicO Aquariums
That's interesting. How about Reef Keeper, or other current controller, compatibility?

I'm sure it can be done but it will be up to the end user to develop the ability to do so.

I will be providing the 0-5v input for a PWM signal only. I think the reef keepers range is 0-10v for use with Meanwell drivers. Going the route of the open source arduino board will allow anyone to create a dimming, ON/OFF, moonlight,storm mode capable light for much less if they desire. The down side is the learning curve involved but there are already many tutorials and code examples floating around on the interwebz to be found.

Pico skimmer looks nice! How high does it go over the tank? I'd need it to clear my light fixture that sits on the stand. How well does it work?

I'm sure it can be done but it will be up to the end user to develop the ability to do so.

I will be providing the 0-5v input for a PWM signal only.

The Reef Angel is the only commercial controller I know that can dim 0-5v PWM. However I believe you can create circuits to convert 0-10v to 0-5v PWM.

PicO Aquariums
Pico skimmer looks nice! How high does it go over the tank? I'd need it to clear my light fixture that sits on the stand. How well does it work?

3.5" high from the top rim. Very good I think. I had skim from it when testing after one day.

wood stone produces nice fine bubbles and there is 7" rise in the tube. There will be more info on all the products in the coming weeks as they are added to the website.

PicO Aquariums
Looks good, but

money_housesm.jpg

Well worth it to get a quality product built in the good old US of A :P

Seriously I do try to compete the best I can but all my products are made to order and made using products purchased from business locally and here in the US. I can keep my quality high to match the price.

Welcome back

thank you sir

The Reef Angel is the only commercial controller I know that can dim 0-5v PWM. However I believe you can create circuits to convert 0-10v to 0-5v PWM.

I'm pretty sure the Reef angel is Arduino based also

Looks amazing. I'd love to see you have a sample set up to showcase your equipment. Any pictures of the light over a tank?

PicO Aquariums
I like the simplicity of the whole setup, minus the lights.. Lol I'm not too good on circuits.

The lighting for me is a trial run. Most of my feedback last year was " where can I get a light for the tank and why don't you make one". With more and more companies making lighting units now it's becoming easier to find units to fit our smaller tanks. I decided to give it a go this year offering a light but my main focus is absolutely the tanks and the quality of them.

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure your in IL? I plan on having you make me a custom tank similar to Tron's sometime this year! I'd just come pick it up

Archived