Top Shelf Aquatics

Auto-Top Off System For 10 Gallon

nyknicks4412

I was wondering if anyone had some recommendations on an auto top off systems for my 10 gallon ano reef tank. I want something very low profile that won't take up space since my tank is so small. Was looking at something like the nano version on autotopoff.com

If I understand it correctly the float switch sits on the tank and monitors the water level. A tube is connected to a freshwater source in a bucket or something. When the switch is triggered freshwater is pumped into the tank to return it to the proper levels?

I was wondering if anyone had some recommendations on an auto top off systems for my 10 gallon ano reef tank. I want something very low profile that won't take up space since my tank is so small. Was looking at something like the nano version on autotopoff.com

If I understand it correctly the float switch sits on the tank and monitors the water level. A tube is connected to a freshwater source in a bucket or something. When the switch is triggered freshwater is pumped into the tank to return it to the proper levels?

also looking at both the JBJ ATO system and pulling the plug and getting a reefkeeper lite and using the ATO add-on for that...any recommendations would be a huge help

I would recommend aqua hub for an auto top off system. It is pretty cheap and gives you a nice start in DIY.

It is also fairly cheap, about $50 if I can remember, and has two float switches.

i feel you are pulling the trigger by getting a jbj ato. Are they not like 100 bucks or something and all they do is top off? RKL you can control all your crap and do so much more. In the long run the RKL would be a lot more beneficial for your tank. Don't forget that you need the sl1 though for the switch. I gotta great deal at marinedepot for 199 came with the lite package +sl1+ph probe

I use a float valvr, less plugs and has never failed me in any of my tanks, plus you can set it up to where it drips, mine lets water in after 27cc of fluid is lost. Yes 27cc, i meadured it.

Archived