Innovative Marine Aquariums

260 Gallon Reef Tank ~ A 7 Footer!

TheWAND

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice looking tank! Love that pipefish.. cute picture. I'm just about done..(finally!) with a 180g build.

How are your anthias doing and how often/ what are you feeding them. I reaaaaally want to keep these. I've ready quite a bit about them online, but getting tips first hand is always helpful.

Nice looking tank! Love that pipefish.. cute picture. I'm just about done..(finally!) with a 180g build.

How are your anthias doing and how often/ what are you feeding them. I reaaaaally want to keep these. I've ready quite a bit about them online, but getting tips first hand is always helpful.

Thanks! Anthias are very active swimmers and require lots of feedings. I usually feed 3 times daily to keep up with their metabolism. I've had a few jumpers which is why my numbers are dwindling. I'm down to my last two now, and hopefully they stop jumping.

Wow, very nice! Tank is huge. What kind of seahorse was that, that I saw in your picture in the 2nd page...?

Dragonface Pipefish.

Damn, that's so nice looking. And the collection of lenses you have... well let's just say that most people don't have that much tied up in their cars.

Please let me know when you get bored of any lens you have so I can buy it 2nd hand!

Damn, that's so nice looking. And the collection of lenses you have... well let's just say that most people don't have that much tied up in their cars.

Please let me know when you get bored of any lens you have so I can buy it 2nd hand!

Thanks. I'll have you know that collection is over 15 years in the making, since the days of having the film 1 series Canons!

Stand has been completed for the last couple weeks. I'll get a couple pictures up when I have time. Think a chiller is a must because temp swings are causing RTN on some SPS.

Those must be some nasty swings. What are they like?

78 at night all the way up to 82 during the day. Too much for my liking and a couple pieces in the tank as well.

revaltion131

Yeah, I keep getting annoyed with .5 degrees. Spiking up to 82 could cause problems for any cooler-water species for sure.

This tank is so awsome it makes me wanna punch someone in the face. :P

lmfao. This tank is pretty awesome.

I want to have a couple pipefish in my 120 gallon once I get it up and running. What kind of flow do you have going through the tank and does your pipefish have any issues with the flow?

• 2 weeks later...
lmfao. This tank is pretty awesome.

I want to have a couple pipefish in my 120 gallon once I get it up and running. What kind of flow do you have going through the tank and does your pipefish have any issues with the flow?

Three MP60 for flow along with the return. They should be fine with lots of flow.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Could try to set up a couple air king fans on the sumps, that should drop the temps to about 80. Really going to increase the evap rate though.

Thanks, I've had two fans set up to the Apex to run when temps run too high for a while now, they work like a charm.

This tank is amazing! Following.

Thanks! :)

Have been having a few problems with the return pump. It had a complete failure this week, and we are waiting on a replacement, a mistake on our part to not have a second on hand. Things are suffering as salinity is hard to manage with evap and no ATO in the main display.

It's been a good while since my last update, but the tank has since been fully cycled and up and running for a bit. We've begun the stocking phase. Here's how it's looking now.

IMG_4775.jpg

IMG_4797.jpg

IMG_4804.jpg

IMG_4794.jpg

IMG_4814.jpg

IMG_4817.jpg

very nice

Archived