Innovative Marine Aquariums

Ducans

Krachimhunt

I can't seem to find a good spot for my newly acquired Ducans (1 week) I have placed them on the sand bed in my 35 gal hex front tank. During the day they never seem to fully open up but when my LED night lights come on they get much larger if anyone knows the cause of this any help would be appreciated, thanks!

I can't seem to find a good spot for my newly acquired Ducans (1 week) I have placed them on the sand bed in my 35 gal hex front tank. During the day they never seem to fully open up but when my LED night lights come on they get much larger if anyone knows the cause of this any help would be appreciated, thanks!

My experience with Duncans have been to put them in high flow and moderate light. Spot feed them and they will grow like crazy.

My ducans wouldnt open for 2 weeks, i didnt a big water change a boom, opened up almost instantly and have been perfect since. Everything else in the tank was fine. Try a water change.

most lps will really "puff" up and put out their feeders at night its quite normal... I disagree with high flow though i'd do moderate to low indirect flow

I've had my duncan about 3 weeks now. It's in high flow moderate light and is doing great It gets spot fed about twice a week with mysis. Already has two new heads.

Archived