Innovative Marine Aquariums

Newcomer 14G nano (Low Cost)

andyITA

Yep I will use something from JBL that is designed to be used under the aquarium to take out the stress from the bottom of the tank.

I am very happy atm. I have chosen this pump http://www.sicce.com/prodottiDettaglio_eng...00/idprodotto=5 for recirculation.

the multi 800 (model). Its head max is 1.3 meter and the flow is 220g.

I got between aquarium and sump a distance of 80 cm so it should do just fine

And here is the lamp: LED lamp: 4x10W white and blue + 3W moonlight.

Problem is they don`t have on stock: Hydor koralia nano...so I will have to wait...like 3 weeks :( could I use a powerhead the first 2 weeks after i start the aquarium ? since I`m not going to put any live corals/fish into the tank (for like 1 month+)

post-72188-1328197265_thumb.jpg

post-72188-1328197275_thumb.jpg

Yep I will use something from JBL that is designed to be used under the aquarium to take out the stress from the bottom of the tank.

I am very happy atm. I have chosen this pump http://www.sicce.com/prodottiDettaglio_eng...00/idprodotto=5 for recirculation.

the multi 800 (model). Its head max is 1.3 meter and the flow is 220g.

I got between aquarium and sump a distance of 80 cm so it should do just fine

And here is the lamp: LED lamp: 4x10W white and blue + 3W moonlight.

Problem is they don`t have on stock: Hydor koralia nano...so I will have to wait...like 3 weeks :( could I use a powerhead the first 2 weeks after i start the aquarium ? since I`m not going to put any live corals/fish into the tank (for like 1 month+)

you could use a power head, but if it has a metal shaft that contains copper in the metal used in its construction... you could poison your tank; making it uninhabitable for corals ever...

Okey so today I finished painting in black the skeleton of the new stand

I have also made a plastic cover for the LED lamp

I have bought a wave maker called Sicce - Voyager nano stream

http://sicce.com/prodottiDettaglio_eng.php...m/idprodotto=28

IS it a good product ?

I have made some pics with the lamp on a very small tank I had home...the big one is not yet finished...I must stick a blue background on it

I hope u like it

post-72188-1328374832_thumb.jpg

post-72188-1328374837_thumb.jpg

post-72188-1328374842_thumb.jpg

post-72188-1328374848_thumb.jpg

post-72188-1328374855_thumb.jpg

PS did anyone use Aqua Medic - REEF SALT ? could u tell me if it-s good ? coze some friend of mine gave me 7 kg of this salt....is it much worse than RED SEA PRO ?

PS did anyone use aqua medic - REEF SALT ? could u tell me if it-s good ? coze some friend of mine gave me 7 kg of this salt....is it much worse than RED SEA PRO ?

I know nothing of the salt you speak of but I would not have bought that pump... It looks like a Japanese model and will probably not last that long. The best way to find out about the salt is to Google it.

I know nothing of the salt you speak of but I would not have bought that pump... It looks like a Japanese model and will probably not last that long. The best way to find out about the salt is to Google it.

Well....Sicce is a very good brand from Italy. It-s retail price is around 60$

I bought it from a friend that used it just a few months then he got a bigger project and he sold it to me for like 13$ so....I think it-s worth a try based of the fact that I am almost out of cash and I still have to buy water tests and filtration material. AND live rock.

PS some friends told me that in my sump design there is a problem. The water from the matrix/reactor chamber comes in the refugium from the bottom part of the entrance....and leaves the same...from the bottom. The tell me that this is bad and that the water will turn immediately left and go in the out chamber so I will have dead water circulation spots on the refugium where I plan to put sand and macroalgae

so I have modified a bit the refugium chamber as the folowing new design

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DT6nRrxX8c...feature=mh_lolz

• 1 month later...

OK here-s the news....

I have bought a Boyu/ORCA TL450 (65L)

I have upgraded my light - now I have 21x 3W blue&white leds and it-s great. I also got more live rock (Fiji) and I took out the dry (dead) rock I had at the begining.

Atm the population is: 1 bristle star 1 electric blue hermit crab 2 (hitchheikers red eyed crabs) that may be not reef safe but I cannot catch them.

Hope you like it:

2012_03_20_17_42_17.jpg 2012_03_20_17_42_53.jpg 2012_03_22_23_37_13.jpg 2012_03_23_09_37_19.jpg 2012_03_23_09_45_15.jpg 2012_03_23_09_45_21.jpg 2012_03_23_11_43_43.jpg

BTW I have a question. Is the NPS cartilage really in a Reverse Osmosis system ? because mine does not have one

Jai wtf?!? Sicce is the preferred brand for many reefers for its reliability and precision construction. Its from Italy. Why do you have to get on this guys case if you didn't even research it first?

Guys,

I HAVE A BIG PROBLEM !!!!

Ever since I have installed my LED lighting (21x3Watt white and royal blue leds) My visual focus is a bit strange....I feel like my eyes are always tired...this effect is over after about 2 hours after I stop looking at the tank.

I have to mention that I never in my life had any problems with my eyes...I still have crystal clear eye sight, I`m 25 years old and this experience started for the first time ever in my life after I installed this LED light system.

Atm I`m using 20% of the led power 4-5 hours/day but even on higher led power I still have the same problem.

A friend of mine that sold me the LED system had it like 3-4 months and he didn`t experience any problem.....

My guess is this:

I am either sensible to this spectrum

I get my eyes tired because of the shimmering effect that occurs because I have powerful water movement on the surface

It-s just a matter of getting used to this kind of light.

I cannot change LED light with fluorescent because of the heat in the hood (I have no problems in looking on fluorescent light systems)

Metal Hallide is not an option since it-s tons of heat and I have no chiller.

Please if anyone has experienced this or has any idea please help me I am on the edge of quiting because of this....

I just taken out the led system out of the hood and got florescent light instead: 3x18Watts blue+white (on my 65L) and now I can finally say my eyes are relaxed again...I can watch my aquarium efortless again and it-s such a nice view.

Question: if I leave the cooler to push air into the T5 neon tube to cool it would it be ok ? coze they tend to get a bit hot usually ....

Jai wtf?!? Sicce is the preferred brand for many reefers for its reliability and precision construction. Its from Italy. Why do you have to get on this guys case if you didn't even research it first?

wasn't getting on anyone's case just stating my opinion... I dont know for certain what to expect from it... but I tend not to trust things from overseas... no beef here man... just saying my thoughts.

I just taken out the led system out of the hood and got florescent light instead: 3x18Watts blue+white (on my 65L) and now I can finally say my eyes are relaxed again...I can watch my aquarium efortless again and it-s such a nice view.

Question: if I leave the cooler to push air into the T5 neon tube to cool it would it be ok ? coze they tend to get a bit hot usually ....

A simple fan will be sufficent to cool t5 lighting... if your bedroom is already cool ( i keep mine around 68) then you might not even need that

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Since I`m going to upgrade to a 120 L tank (around 35g) I really need you guys to give me a link easy to DIY overflow system....I did not understand the bean animal one :( please help

no one ? :( I was thinking of this: a plexiglass box to cover the hole drilled into the glass so the fish won`t get into the evacuation path.

the top of the plexi glass will have small holes so that the water will pass without falling.

what do you think ?

30327126.jpg

look into my sig thread for a cheap, efficient, and quiet one. I think it cost me about 5 bucks.

Archived