Pod Your Reef

Something wrong with molly?

Squared

Jus a suggestion. If he's moving around time to time maybe don't put him down then. They are a cheap fish and it does look pretty sick only reason I said that.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
drunkenmonk21

Mine are not use to it yet either. I think it will take time. They have prolly been sitting in flowless tanks thier whole lives. I put 4 in my 55g. A couple will be going over to a diff tank in the next day or so with less flow.

Yeah mine hangs out in the top corner, where there is little flow. Comes out to eat, only pics at rocks and glass sometimes.

You should post a pic of yours!

drunkenmonk21

One of the females is not adapting to well. Others are doing great so far. I might have to go buy another female. I dont want to males competing for the one lol. Could be destructive

drunkenmonk21

Acclimation was 5 hours. I know kinda quick but I have read tons of varying info on acclimation time with different results either way. Lights went out and the female seems to have perked up so not sure what thats about.

How long did you acclimate yours?

drunkenmonk21

I have a couple Monti caps is all. Ill turn one off see how they react.

But I also have a spray bar aimed right at those Caps, from a canister filter I have running. So 3 Powerheads and a canister filter.

Ok so the male is doing great in qt. but the other one, already I the reef, has some problems.

Seems to have gotten skinny quickly and is breathing heavily. Is this a sign of disease or stress? Has not eaten too much either.

Im turning my main power head off for a while, see if that helps.

Archived