Pod Your Reef

Feedback on Nanoreef Member

brianflipside

brianflipside

I started this thread just for the information of the Nanoreef community , so you do not have to go through this hassle.

I sold a BRS Reactor and Maxijet pump to Adrian Lantin; AKA bongsterr046 here on the forum.

On 1/19/2012 he sent me the money VIA Palpal. From my work PC I let him know that I received an email from

Paypal confirming his Payment, and would be shipping out his items in one box instead of two.

When I got home and logged into Paypals website to print a shipping label there was a message waiting

that the transaction was in dispute and the funds were placed on temporary hold.

There were no options linked to the dispute other then to respond or call Paypal. I responded to Paypal and let them know the transaction was for goods purchased through this forum. Then I emailed bongsterr046 and informed him of the Paypal problem. I also sent a message via PM on the forum.

After doing this I contacted Paypal VIA the telephone to ask what the problem was. After being on hold for 30 minutes they told me it was under investigation and they would contact me if the needed further info. They said most investigations take 10 business days.

Over the next 8 days it was complete hell, contacting them and the seller back and forth trying to get this settled. I even got my wifes uncle, who is a lawyer involved to try and get this expedited.

A rep named Sara from Paypal told my wifes uncle, that Paypal usually places holds on money, if the sender has multiple disputes, or charges back the purchases through their credit card company multiple times in a short period.

I relayed this information as delicately as possible to bongsterr046, with out trying to be accusatory.

I wanted to believe it was just a "maintenance thing" as bonsterr046 said Paypal informed him was the cause.

Now I believe differently. I believe the buyer was trying to scam me and the Paypal system. I am attaching all the emails, Paypal registers, and PM correspondence that are associated with this debacle.

I am hoping that after reviewing this information, people will be carefully when dealing with this individual.

***This is the original email, that I forwarded to him from Paypal. If any one knows how to post it in its original content, and not as text let me know

Paypal problem/ dispute????‏

1/20/12 Reply ▼Reply

Reply all

Forward

Delete

Mark as unread

Mark as read

Delete all from sender

Print message

View message source

Show message history

Hide message history

Show details

Hide details brian marottaTo bongsterr046@hotmail.com

Sent: Fri 1/20/12 1:14 AM

To: bongsterr046@hotmail.com

This message is too wide to fit your screen. Show full message

Search PayPalSearch Skip to main contentLog OutHelpSecurity and ProtectionMy Account

OverviewAdd FundsWithdrawHistoryStatementsResolution CenterProfileSend MoneyRequest MoneyMerchant ServicesProducts & Services

Transaction Details

Your account has open issues. Click to Resolve or Check Status

The funds are not available while this transaction is being reviewed (Unique Transaction ID # 99J39017CJ9691433)

Original Transaction

Date Type Status Details Gross Fee Net

Jan 19, 2012 Payment From Adrian Lantin Held Details $55.00 USD -$1.90 USD $53.10 USD

Related Transaction

Date Type Status Details Gross Fee Net

Jan 19, 2012 The funds are not available while this transaction is being reviewed PlacedPayPal has placed a temporary hold while we're reviewing it. We'll contact you shortly with further information.PayPal has placed a temporary hold while we're reviewing it. We'll contact you shortly with further information. ... -$55.00 USD $1.90 USD -$53.10 USD

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Adrian Lantin

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Total amount:

-$55.00 USD

Fee amount:

$1.90 USD

Net amount:

-$53.10 USD

Date:

Jan 19, 2012

Time:

12:37:04 PST

Placed

PayPal has placed a temporary hold while we're reviewing it. We'll contact you shortly with further information.

Subject:

The funds are not available while this transaction is being reviewed

About UsContact UsLegal AgreementsPrivacyFeesSite Feedback Copyright © 1999

This is the String of PM's, I could not figure out how to get them to post in there original form on here, if any one knows how too, let me know. They are going from Last to First.

Deluxe and MJ 1200

They said YOU got my payment last week! Stop giving me lame excuses, i know i was scammed from the start of this sale. <HIM

What??? Are you seriously insane??? I scammed you, for $55???? <ME

Listen buddy I have all the emails, and Paypal transaction reciepts from this debacle, and none of it was on my end.

That is why they probably held your payment, because you probably charge back and dispute transactions on a regular basis.

Dispute on a regular basis?? Are you for real? I disputed the transaction not w/out asking you first, and i just disputed yesterday after a week! Stop it i know you are a scammer! I bought an ai sol blue from a member without any problems whatsoever. Get a f**ckn life and stop scamming people dip####!

Sent by bongsterr046 on Today, 11:40 AM <HIM

PM: Re:BRS Deluxe and MJ 1200

They said YOU got my payment last week! Stop giving me lame excuses, i know i was scammed from the start of this sale. <HIM

Sent by bongsterr046 on Today, 11:22 AM

Hey just spoke to a representative and told me that you received the money. Just waiting on your end to ship it to me. If you won't paypal will give me a refund. <HIM

As of right now, I have not received any refund/money from them. This is starting to get on my nerves,I have been waiting for the stuff for more than 8 days. They charged my account and the payment was completed. This is bullsheet.

Opened a dispute today, I hope you did not sell my reactor and pump. <HIM

Hey there!

It's been a week but still no resolution on this. Should I file a dispute or what? Used my paypal today and had no problems. What should we do? <HIM

Still pending review. They still will not even let me refund the money. <ME

Any news? <HIM

I dont know. I have called them, emailed them, had my wifes uncle call them (he is a lawyer). They keep saying the same thing, its being investigated by Paypal. <ME

Try filing a dispute, maybe that will work because nothing I am doing is speeding up their process. I am at my wits end with Paypal and this bull ####. I sold some stuff through ebay yeasterday and had no problem getting the money. <ME

It says as of today they reversed and refunded the money. Let me know when you confirm, so we can close the new dispute and hopefully finish this transaction.<ME

It shows on my end that the funds have been returned. You may want to call them.<ME

Sent by bongsterr046 on Yesterday, 06:18 PM

As of right now, I have not received any refund/money from them. This is starting to get on my nerves,I have been waiting for the stuff for more than 8 days. They charged my account and the payment was completed. This is bullsheet.<HIM

Hey there!

It's been a week but still no resolution on this. Should I file a dispute or what? Used my paypal today and had no problems. What should we do? <HIM

I dont know. I have called them, emailed them, had my wifes uncle call them (he is a lawyer). They keep saying the same thing, its being investigated by Paypal. <ME

Try filing a dispute, maybe that will work because nothing I am doing is speeding up their process. I am at my wits end with Paypal and this bull ####. I sold some stuff through ebay yeasterday and had no problem getting the money. <ME

It says as of today they reversed and refunded the money. Let me know when you confirm, so we can close the new dispute and hopefully finish this transaction. <ME

Sent by bongsterr046 on Yesterday, 04:28 PM

Hey there!

Sounds good, I'll see what I can do to straighten things up for both parties.<HIM

Thanks.

Huh? That's weird, it says in my paypal account that the transfer was completed.<HIM

Good Deal! Thanks!<HIM

They wil be mailed out in the AM. Thanks.<ME

Hey, Paypal has put your payment on hold. The dispute says they do not believe you authorized payment to me. I have responded to the dispute. I am sending you a copy via email.<ME

I sent you a copy via email. I decided to send everything in one box to make it easier,<ME

When I went into paypal to print a shipping label the message that the funds were being disputed and on hold popped up immediately. It will not even let me cancel the transaction to try it over.

As of right now it is in limbo until they get back to me. I am going to try and find a phone number for them in the morning. I have never had to deal with this bull before.<ME

I will keep you posted.<ME

Thanks. I found a number and called them. They are there until 10pm. They said they are reviewing everything. They opened the claim on there own based on the buyers history, what ever that means. They would not go into further details. They said they would either let the transaction finalize or refund the money.

The only thing I could guess at from what they said is you must have disputed, or charged back a purchase before and they are being careful. Seeing as how they would not give me any more information that is just a guess.<ME

Hey there! <HIM

From my understanding, paypal is doing a random maintenance on some accounts and unfortunately mine was picked. It is showing on my account that I was charged then the money has been sent to your paypal but on hold (by paypal). <HIM

I would'nt mind waiting for paypals' decision on this issue. I' ll wait, no problem on my side. You could ship the stuff tomorrow or next week if no decision made today.<HIM

Thanks<HIM

They still have not come to a decision. I have had my wifes uncle, who is a lawyer, contact them. He told them he is giving them until 3pm EST to resolve their issue, ( Either by freeing up the funds, or refunding you) if after that time it is not resolved he is going to take legal action against them.<ME

Okay, Hey bud just to let you know,whatever is the decision I still want the stuff. Is that all right?

Sent by bongsterr046 on Jan 20 2012, 02:08 PM<HIM

Sounds good, I'll see what I can do to straighten things up for both parties.

Thanks.

Huh? That's weird, it says in my paypal account that the transfer was completed.

Good Deal! Thanks!

They wil be mailed out in the AM. Thanks.

Hey, Paypal has put your payment on hold. The dispute says they do not believe you authorized payment to me. I have responded to the dispute. I am sending you a copy via email.

I sent you a copy via email. I decided to send everything in one box to make it easier,

When I went into paypal to print a shipping label the message that the funds were being disputed and on hold popped up immediately. It will not even let me cancel the transaction to try it over.

As of right now it is in limbo until they get back to me. I am going to try and find a phone number for them in the morning. I have never had to deal with this bull before.

I will keep you posted.

Thanks. I found a number and called them. They are there until 10pm. They said they are reviewing everything. They opened the claim on there own based on the buyers history, what ever that means. They would not go into further details. They said they would either let the transaction finalize or refund the money.

The only thing I could guess at from what they said is you must have disputed, or charged back a purchase before and they are being careful. Seeing as how they would not give me any more information that is just a guess.

Hey there!

From my understanding, paypal is doing a random maintenance on some accounts and unfortunately mine was picked. It is showing on my account that I was charged then the money has been sent to your paypal but on hold (by paypal).

I would'nt mind waiting for paypals' decision on this issue. I' ll wait, no problem on my side. You could ship the stuff tomorrow or next week if no decision made today.

Thanks

Sent by bongsterr046 on Jan 20 2012, 01:50 PM

Sounds good, I'll see what I can do to straighten things up for both parties.

Thanks.

Huh? That's weird, it says in my paypal account that the transfer was completed.

Good Deal! Thanks!

Hey, Paypal has put your payment on hold. The dispute says they do not believe you authorized payment to me. I have responded to the dispute. I am sending you a copy via email.

I sent you a copy via email. I decided to send everything in one box to make it easier,

As of right now it is in limbo until they get back to me. I am going to try and find a phone number for them in the morning. I have never had to deal with this bull before.

I will keep you posted.

Sent by bongsterr046 on Jan 19 2012, 10:25 PM

Good Deal! Thanks!

Sent by bongsterr046 on Jan 19 2012, 09:52 PM

Good Deal! Thanks!

Sent by bongsterr046 on Jan 19 2012, 04:41 PM

Hi there! Just sent the payment for both.

My home address is in my paypal account, it is a confirmed address. But if you still need it here it is:

Adrian Lantin

355 S 8th St Apt 38

Coos Bay, OR 97420

Awesome man! 55 for both right?

Okey dokey don't forget me. Thanks bro, I'll pay tomorrow ASAP if he flake.

Hey bro, I am ready to pay. What do you think about my offer?

Yes my friend but I would like to take both the reactor and MJ1200. Are you willing to cut the shipping off the MJ1200, and just put the MJ1200 into the reactors' box? $35+$20 perhaps?

good deal? what do you think?

How much would you take for both? Shipped to 97420?

All the prices include shipping in the lower 48 states.

Well it is morning, and he did not send payment. So here is my paypal addy.

coachdentalgirl@hotmail.com.

Make sure you send you shipping address. Your items will be sent by USPS.

Thanks,

Brian

Sorry, I have already purchased prepaid USPS flat rate boxes to ship all items in.

I have one person in line ahead of you. I am giving them until morning to pay, or it is yours.

The MAXI JET, and BRS reactor both have seperate boxes.

Yes.

Sent by bongsterr046 on Jan 19 2012, 04:22 PM

Awesome man! 55 for both right?

Yes my friend but I would like to take both the reactor and MJ1200. Are you willing to cut the shipping off the MJ1200, and just put the MJ1200 into the reactors' box? $35+$20 perhaps?

Well it is morning, and he did not send payment. So here is my paypal addy.

coachdentalgirl@hotmail.com.

Make sure you send your shipping address. Your items will be sent by USPS.

Thanks,

Brian

I have one person in line ahead of you. I am giving them until morning to pay, or it is yours.

Sent by bongsterr046 on Jan 19 2012, 02:06 PM

PM: Mj 1200

Would you take 20 shipped for the mj1200 to area code 22153?

Thanks.

Sent by 1MP3R1AL on Jan 19 2012, 02:04 AM

Sent by bongsterr046 on Jan 18 2012, 06:56 PM

? What was the message good Sir?

Sorry, I have already purchased prepaid USPS flat rate boxes to ship all items in.

The MAXI JET, and BRS reactor both have seperate boxes

brianflipside

I am sorry the thread is so hard to read, If any one knows how I can post the original content, it would make reading everything easier.

I have never posted any feedback on an individual before, but this experience was so frustrating and exhausting

that I did not want any one else to have to go through this.

There are a lot more emails and Paypal ledgers showing all the steps and communications this has gone through since the 19th. Unless I can post them in original format, to make them easier to read, I will not bother putting them in this thread.

This experience makes me never want to sell, or buy, outside of my Ebay account ever again.

***MODS, I just noticed I posted this in the wrong section.***

Can you please move this?

tl;dr

So you had to post !?!?

Someone is trying to inform people of a scammer and you post that!?!?! BUT you did take the time to post......meaningless crap. amazing simply amazing..............

GL OP hope all works out for you.

There no way I am reading that (or most people)--sorry. I suggest you edit the post and write a short description of what happened and who the member is (I couldn't even figure that one out)

Sorry you had a crappy expirience though, that's never any fun

I read the bold. What do you expect from someone with the word bong right in his name? He/ she obviously didn't want respect from anyone here anyways.

brianflipside
There no way I am reading that (or most people)--sorry. I suggest you edit the post and write a short description of what happened and who the member is (I couldn't even figure that one out)

Sorry you had a crappy expirience though, that's never any fun

I hear you, there is a lot more, but I did not want to edit anything.

I have heard all too often there are two sides to a story and did not want this to turn in to a debate, or flaming thread.I wanted all the black and white documents to do the talking.I was trying to keep as much of my opinion and emotion out of it.

And more important, I wanted no one else on here to go through what I went through.

Me a scammer? You can check my ebay account -bongsterr2010 I have had 50+ positve feedbacks as seller and a buyer. Or you can ask NR members that I am an honest buyer. I bought a lot of stuff from members-Hannah test kit, Nova Extreme Pro, media reactors, JBJ ATO, Remora skimmer, and my biggest purchase an AI Sol blue. Hell, I also sold a lot of stuff to members without any problems whatsoever. You are a douche by putting my name on a public forum, might as well put my address you dummy. Anyways, I just I want everyone to hear the other side of the story. I love this community thats why I will still get my reefing stuff here.

By the way I just checked my paypal account and looks like I won the dispute. I am getting a refund!

brianflipside
Me a scammer? You can check my ebay account -bongsterr2010 I have had 50+ positve feedbacks as seller and a buyer. Or you can ask NR members that I am an honest buyer. I bought a lot of stuff from members-Hannah test kit, Nova Extreme Pro, media reactors, Remora skimmer, and my biggest purchase an AI Sol blue. Hell, I also sold a lot of stuff to members without any problems whatsoever. You are a douche by putting my name on a public forum, might as well put my address you dummy. Anyways, I just I want everyone to hear the other side of the story. I love this community thats why I will still get my reefing stuff here.

By the way I just checked my paypal account and looks like I won the dispute. I am getting a refund!

Won a dispute?? There was no dispute, Paypal disputed the transaction, then reversed it.

They held up the money cause they had a problem with your payment. You told me they were holding it because it was system/account maintenance as stated in the above PM by you.

So what makes me a scammer, the fact that I did not send your item out, while the funds were being held up.

What seller is going to mail something out, while the payment is being investigated, and possibly reversed???

Listen I am done speaking with you about this, everything is in black and white for every one to make up there own mind about if they want to take a chance and deal with you, in what ever capacity.

As soon as I can figure out how to post all the correspondence with you, and Paypal in its original format,

I will post here to make it easier for everyone to read.

Luckily I am not out any money or product, and you have your money back.

Hollaaa

Hey guys. It's 55$. Yeah it's cash, but nothing to get your panties in a wad over.

PMing you my paypal info so you can wire me 55 bucks

Hollaaa

Hey guys. It's 55$. Yeah it's cash, but nothing to get your panties in a wad over.

Isn't that like a years worth of allowance for you :lol:

Me a scammer? You can check my ebay account -bongsterr2010 I have had 50+ positve feedbacks as seller and a buyer. Or you can ask NR members that I am an honest buyer. I bought a lot of stuff from members-Hannah test kit, Nova Extreme Pro, media reactors, JBJ ATO, Remora skimmer, and my biggest purchase an AI Sol blue. Hell, I also sold a lot of stuff to members without any problems whatsoever. You are a douche by putting my name on a public forum, might as well put my address you dummy. Anyways, I just I want everyone to hear the other side of the story. I love this community thats why I will still get my reefing stuff here.

I'm sorry but I agree with this. Pointing someone out on the forums like this is a real dirty douche move. I actually did read a big majority of that mess. Unless I just missed a smoking barrel, there is no type of evidence that bongsterr was trying to scam anyone. Based on the OP, I have an easier time believing that the paypal dispute originated from you not knowing how to use the internet.

If anyone disagrees with me, that is fine. Post your argument here. For Christ's Sake, don't make a 10 page thread accusing me of some BS based on your opinion though.

Get the facts.... According to the OP, the Fact is, the payment was disputed by paypal for reasons that you do not know.

brianflipside
Hollaaa

It is not about the money. I could care less about the money.

The point was all the hours I had to spend on the phone, this forum, and sending emails for a $55 transaction.

I have over 150 transaction on ebay, and dozens on a couple of forums and have never have to deal with this type of crap before.

I easily spent 10+ hours total time trying to get this sorted. First I have a buyer that sends a payment, that gets put on hold by PAYPAL a couple hours later. Then I have the emails too the seller letting him know.

Then the emails and calls to PAYPAL to find out what is going on. Then I have PAYPAL telling me this could take 10 business days to do their investigation, and they will let me know more if they need further info.

Then I have the buyer telling me he does not see the money being held on his end. After multiple more emails, and PM's. The buyer tells me he called PAYPAL and they said they "chose his account for maintenance" and thats why they are holding the funds. The he keeps telling me not to sell the items to some one else because he still wants them still if PAYPAL reverses his transaction.

Talk about being stuck in limbo.

Then every day, I have to check my emails, and PM's multiple times to see if there is any news, and update the buyer on PAYPAL's status. I get my wifes uncle involved to see if he can expedite a response.

I tell the buyer he may have to file a dispute to get PAYPAL to refund his money, since they are dragging their feet.

Paypal sends me a email saying the reversed the transaction, and gave the buyer back his money.

I PM the buyer and he tells me he does not see the money back in his account.

Finally I reach a point where I do not want to keep calling and emailing, and PM'ing about this any more.

I call PAYPAL one more time, and they tell me they reversed the transaction, but the buyer filed a dispute and they froze it again so they would not accidently give him his money back twice. They ask me to manually go in and refund the money while I am on the phone as long as I did not mail the item out.

I go into Paypal and low and behold there is no refund button still. So, after another hour on the phone PAYPAL fixes this, I click refund and contact the buyer to ask him to verifiy the money is back in his account.

An hour later I get a PM from the buyer telling me I am a scammer, and he knew I was a scam from the beginning???? WTF??? He says he knows why they held his money, then tells me I am a scammer.

He almost got the items for free, because I was originally going to send them both in separate prepaid USPS boxes (see one of the first PM's I sent him. Luckily I decided to put them in one box to make it easier, and as I was going to print a shipping label from PAYPAL, I see the funds are held. Then PAYPAL reverses the transaction, and he says he does not see the money in his account..he files a dispute and comes close to getting refunded twice.

I can see why people go postal. I work on cars for a living, and never had to put this much stress and effort into fixing even the biggest POS car to come into my shop.

And as far as me calling him out, putting his name out there, ETC. My name is out there too, Brian Marotta, and SHOmaniac1975 on ebay, so I guess I am a douche for putting my self out there too.

And as far as me calling him out, putting his name out there, ETC. My name is out there too, Brian Marotta, and SHOmaniac1975 on ebay, so I guess I am a douche for putting my self out there too.

Forgive me if i question your credibility but this is not about just using a name and stating your frustration. This is about you trying to diminish the credibility of another forum member without just cause. Another one of those facts to look at is that Bongsters money was on the line, not your products that you had not mailed out.

You mention to many "almosts". You "almost" shipped the item out. Bongters "almost" got refunded twice. This isn't horseshoes. instead of talking about what "almost" happened. You should worry about what did happen. The only evidence seen is that Bongster did make a cash transfer to your paypal. That transfer did get held up by paypal.

My name is out there too

You accuse Bongster of foul play. What role is your name being used in? I'm sure it's playing the innocent.

As for the hassle you have gone through, I feel for you but that is no reason to blame it all on forum members. Ever thought about putting the blame on paypal? Ever think that this was a mistake that was not in any party's control?

brianflipside
Forgive me if i question your credibility but this is not about just using a name and stating your frustration. This is about you trying to diminish the credibility of another forum member without just cause. Another one of those facts to look at is that Bongsters money was on the line, not your products that you had not mailed out.

You mention to many "almosts". You "almost" shipped the item out. Bongters "almost" got refunded twice. This isn't horseshoes. instead of talking about what "almost" happened. You should worry about what did happen. The only evidence seen is that Bongster did make a cash transfer to your paypal. That transfer did get held up by paypal.

You accuse Bongster of foul play. What role is your name being used in? I'm sure it's playing the innocent.

As for the hassle you have gone through, I feel for you but that is no reason to blame it all on forum members. Ever thought about putting the blame on paypal? Ever think that this was a mistake that was not in any party's control?

Thats what I was thinking, until his last PM, calling me a scammer, and saying that I had his money the whole time.

1. Why tell me I had the money for a whole week in the last PM, when a couple days before he sent me one stating he knew the money was on hold because he called PAYPAL.

2. The matter was cleared up in way less then the 10 business days that PAYPAL said their investigation would take. The whole time he sent me multiple PMs telling me he wants the items, dont sell them no matter what the PAYPAL outcome is. Then he sends me that last PM telling me he knew I was scamming him the whole time. HMMM..so that gets me thinking, and I go back and start reviewing everything in order and this is what I find:

First he asks me to sell him the items cheaper and put them in one box to save money, and I respond they are all set to ship in two USPS prepaid boxes as soon as some one buys them.

Second, he sends me his offer two more times, and I accept. He sends the money and I tell him I will ship out in the AM. At this point he thinks they are being shipped.

I get home and decide to package them in one box to make it easier, and find out the funds are on hold all of a sudden.

I contact the buyer and he pretends for a DAY like he does not know the payment is held.

Third he finally sends me a PM telling he knows the payment is in limbo.

He tells me he does not care if it takes a week for them to fix the hold, not to sell the items to any one else no matter what PAYPAL decides to do. I tell him I will keep him posted.

EVERY DAY we PM and he keeps saying do not sell the items, he still wants them.

Finally they reverse the transaction and he decides to dispute the transaction...HMM why?

Then he tells me again he wants the items still. A couple of hours later the Paypal mess gets sorted out, I PM him to let him know and verify it, he then sends me a PM saying I am a douche, and a scammer...that he knew I was scamming him from the begining...SO he is either mental, or was up to no good is my conclusion from that. Up until his last PM I was chalking it up to a bad PAYPAL experience.

I thought hard before taking the time and energy to post all this. And this will be the last post from me in this thread, unless I figure out how to put the original format correspondences into the thread.

So like I stated in the first post...I put this out there for people to make up their own mind if they would like to deal with this individual in whatever fashion after they read this.

I will not debate this anymore with anyone who does not understand, or did not read everything in its entirety.

Archived