Coral Vue Hydros

Looking for my First Tank ;)

fish_lips

I'm sure "best" is subjective - I have a biocube and wish I had bought something else... it's an ok tank but the enclosed hood has it's pluses and minuses. The plus is that it keeps evaporation down - on the minus side it's hard to work on the tank.

Whats the best 24-30 Gallon tank for newbies. :D :D :D

I would have to ask what are your plans for the setup? Are you interested in a "buy this and go" package or are you looking to tweek (sp?) things to your own certain liking? If the former is the way you would like to go, I would recommend a bio-cube. If your interested in expand-ability and more options, start buying things piece by piece.

I would have to ask what are your plans for the setup? Are you interested in a "buy this and go" package or are you looking to tweek (sp?) things to your own certain liking? If the former is the way you would like to go, I would recommend a bio-cube. If your interested in expand-ability and more options, start buying things piece by piece.

Im going to buy piece by piece. I think its better than parts from the AIO's.

I'm sure "best" is subjective - I have a biocube and wish I had bought something else... it's an ok tank but the enclosed hood has it's pluses and minuses. The plus is that it keeps evaporation down - on the minus side it's hard to work on the tank.

Thanks. :). Im looking to buy Piece by piece. I want the best equipment.

From my experience and going from 5G to 90G and back down, go for about a 24-30gal in cube format and rimless with clear edges. I can't tell you what brand to go for, but these are details that you may have wished to think about before hand. It will cost a little bit more, but it's something that you can't just easily change once the tank is setup, so its worth it.

If 30 is your absolute size cap, I'd say a 30 breeder or a 20 long are your two best standard sizes. But the 40 breeder is the same footprint as the 30, just taller. Or you could DIY one.

If 30 is your absolute size cap, I'd say a 30 breeder or a 20 long are your two best standard sizes. But the 40 breeder is the same footprint as the 30, just taller. Or you could DIY one.

I think the 30br is 30" and not 36" and a couple inches shorter.

but check out rimless tanks! Don't overlook it because of the price.

A 30 breeder is the same footprint as a 40 breeder, just shorter like Joel said. I have a standard 30 gallon (36"Lx12"Dx16"H) and I love the dimensions. You can check it out by clicking the photo in my sig. The first page of my thread has all the specs for the tank including what equipment I'm running on it.

Ok ill check Thoses out. I'm leaning towards a rimless tank. Thanks!

Thanks Jooel! :D I'm Looking them up now.

Ok... :D

well the best if you're not sure about the hobby would be a NC or BC, however i personally prefer redsea maxes and solanas

I have a Friend with Bc 14 Gallons he loves it.

Check out the new jbj rimless tank. It's 30 gallon and is really clean. It's an all in one though.
Ive actully checked these on out on you tube. its one i would love to see in person. Rimless tanks looks cool on you tube.

Archived