inTank Media Baskets

Fish disease? Lfs can't id

leowrasse101

Video can be seen here

This just happened in the last week this is the alpha in a group of 4 anthias, 1 potters angel, 1 potters wrasse, bluestar wrasse, 2 chromis, 1 azure damsel. Everything eats well the infected fish ate an entire Venus clam yesterday they are eating well they at in a 120 gallon any info would be appreciated

Sorry if you can see the black splotches on the fins in the video the just gradually started appearing in the last week On the dorsal and pelvic fin they are splotches and the pectoral fin is a circle it's like a film the fins are not damaged there is no blood or anything that looks like it is harming the fish

It's not close enough to see the black spots, could you try to get a closer picture/video?

Could be Black Spot Disease, does the fish scratch on rocks?

Sorry if you can see the black splotches on the fins in the video the just gradually started appearing in the last week

try this video

I would say that this is not raised bumps its almost like a thin film like algae and you can see through it and its only on the fins

post-47039-1327708804_thumb.png

try this video

I would say that this is not raised bumps its almost like a thin film like algae and you can see through it and its only on the fins

I am heading in to town to purchase a better quality camera so I can get down to the bottom of what this is thank you yoshi for your assistance so far

Do a google search for "Anthias changing sex."

Without a great picture I can't be sure, but the colors are dark in the exact places that Lyretail Anthias start when they are changing sex.

EDIT: Yeah, I'm almost positive now after looking at your blurry pics a bit closer. Your "she" is about to become a "he." It takes awhile and they look pretty ugly mid-transformation. But the positive is that he'll become a very colorful pink/red in the end and have some fanciful dorsal fin.

You know what I was just thinking this also because I was trying to take a better picture and looked very close and realized that area is chromatic under the lights almost a purple in there

Thanks for the links that's exactly what this looks like all the different stages show thi very well

Archived