inTank Media Baskets

Will they fight..?!

Lokko21

darkwhitemagic
Hi guys anyone knows if they will fight if I put then in a cube 50 gallon....!!!!!

Midas Blenny : http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_di...3&pcatid=83

Black Combtooth Blenny : http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_di...amp;pcatid=2671

Thanks and any help will be very helpful.

they should be fine, and live aquaria even says they are both peaceful. and that site is pretty legit, i bought a flame angel of of that and it is amazing. ;)

I don't think they will in such a large tank. I mean there is always a chance whenever they are in the same family of fish. Sometimes its a matter of doing it yourself. All fish seem to be different. I mean the fish aren't the most expensive so if any fighting occurs you can intervene and remove one of them.

darkwhitemagic
I don't think they will in such a large tank. I mean there is always a chance whenever they are in the same family of fish. Sometimes its a matter of doing it yourself. All fish seem to be different. I mean the fish aren't the most expensive so if any fighting occurs you can intervene and remove one of them.

+1 with a 50 gallon you should be fine, at least from what i know...

Regardless of what LA says you still have to be careful regarding fish of the same genus or conspecifics. Not all fish enjoy fish that look exactly like them. That's why you buy pairs of clownfish and not just two random clownfish. The Blennys may not like each other due to the fact that they are in the same family. But in a tank of that size if they don't want to look at each other they'll just swim to the other size.

darkwhitemagic
Regardless of what LA says you still have to be careful regarding fish of the same genus or conspecifics. Not all fish enjoy fish that look exactly like them. That's why you buy pairs of clownfish and not just two random clownfish. The Blennys may not like each other due to the fact that they are in the same family. But in a tank of that size if they don't want to look at each other they'll just swim to the other size.

thats the logic i came to

Thank you so much everyone, then I'll put them in there and if fighting occurs I'll have to let go one of them, I know they're not expensive fish, but around here, really hard to find, been hunting the midas for months, I only find big ones until today that I find a small one.

Thanks again.

Archived