Top Shelf Aquatics

Buying large tank

petkingdom619

petkingdom619

I will eventually be looking for a larger tank. Where do I find something over 100 gallons? What costs should I be looking at for just the tank?

aren't you a store down off rosencrans?

anyways, I too am looking for a large tank. been searching the local reef forums. you can always get one custom made but they are pricey. I was quoted about 900 from reef saavy for a 100 gal starphire euro braced.

I think most large tanks, unless its a specific size, can be found used at local LFS and if u want a new one they will also order you one. The larger tanks need a Sump though which needs plumbing, and to be preferably drilled, and extra filtration like a skimmer/ filter sock. alot of people also put their refugium in the Sump which would require a light for macro algae like chaeto. All these requires some higher GPH pumps which aren't that expensive really, except for powerheads like mp10's and on up. While this might not be everything ur thinking about there are plenty of great large reef builds documented on this and reefcentral, which has a lot more 100+ gal tanks. Best advice I have ever gotten is research.

petkingdom619

Well I know what it takes with the su

Mp and all that. And I'm not a store just borrowed the name. That store actually sucks

Archived