inTank Media Baskets

27 watt PC quad bulb?

Aqualara

I have a hampton bay lamp that uses these bulbs, and I was wondering what people thought about using it to light a 2 gallon pico. There's a 50/50 bulb on ebay for it. I'm just exploring "budget" lighting options for the tank, but I do want to keep a variety of corals, especially LPS. I will end up getting whichever light will work for my purpose, but I'd prefer to stay within a tight budget if possible.

Thanks,

Lara

I have a hampton bay lamp that uses these bulbs, and I was wondering what people thought about using it to light a 2 gallon pico. There's a 50/50 bulb on ebay for it. I'm just exploring "budget" lighting options for the tank, but I do want to keep a variety of corals, especially LPS. I will end up getting whichever light will work for my purpose, but I'd prefer to stay within a tight budget if possible.

Thanks,

Lara

i have that same light. used to run it over a 5 gallon planted freshwater shrimp tank, but it was too much light and i couldnt control algea. i currently use that light over my diy ac70 fuge... ive seen those 50/50 bulbs. very cool. give it a shot. it should work pretty well.

Archived