Coral Vue Hydros

Selling coral locally...Do you feel weird on teh exhange?

05XRunner

So i met up with a guy this morning to sell him the frag of duncans...Everytime I meet up with someone to sell coral i always feel so shady like I am doing a drug deal...anyone else ever feel the same?

I just met at a local guys home to buy some frags - I walk in - I'm there a few minutes and walk out with stuff in a plastic bag... thought that ran through my head "wonder if the neighbors think this guy is a drug dealer..."

Thrassian Atoll

I will say that I did feel weird the other day meeting somebody to give them some zoas. It was in the not so great part of town in the back side of a gas station.

Anybody ever get robbed for some coral? :lol:

no i just feel weird...the one just now I met him in boston market parking lot across from my office..he sat in car I talked through pass window and exchanged..I just always feel weird. I always try to make sure everyone can see me holding a bag of water in open as I am not hiding anything.

I always feel weird! I've sold small tanks, cages and other pet supplies on CL, and some people want to meet in the Walmart parking lot, or some place like that. I give them the "goods" and I walk away with cash... totally feel like I'm going something illegal :blink:

I definitely look guilty during those exchanges... especially if it was a very good deal... then I have a big grin on my face and it just makes it look worse.

Also did a hit-n-pass at a Boston Market once lol It does feel strange.

Even worse when passing that rolled up plastic baggy pouch of chaeto.

I have been buying lots of frags lately and I always go to the sellers home. It doesnt really feel weird to me. I enjoy seeing their tanks and chatting about reefing with them for 5-10 minutes. Most of the people that sell frags have some nice set ups with impressive colonies.

Now meeting in parking lots and places like that can be strange but I dont do that normally.

Absolutely not. Why should I?

I sell for about 600$ in frags each month and never felt anything like that.

Although juging from the amount of people going back and forth to my house, some neighbours might think I am selling drugs.

So i met up with a guy this morning to sell him the frag of duncans...Everytime I meet up with someone to sell coral i always feel so shady like I am doing a drug deal...anyone else ever feel the same?

personally I would rather meet somewhere then going to someones house..1 i just feel strange going to someones home i never met. I know I wouldnt want strangers just showing up at my house for frags, and 2 it makes it little harder to find and more of a drive then if you can meet somewhere that is little easier to find.

personally I would rather meet somewhere then going to someones house..1 i just feel strange going to someones home i never met. I know I wouldnt want strangers just showing up at my house for frags, and 2 it makes it little harder to find and more of a drive then if you can meet somewhere that is little easier to find.

Exactly. Many peeps feel more comfortable meeting at a "neutral" spot - especially for the first time.

There was one guy I bought from locally a few times.. we would meet in a parking lot and do a cash for nondescript sack exchange.

If I was an onlooking cop, I'd be suspicious. But, knowing it was nothing illegal, I was never concerned.

I either ship it or have someone meet in a nearby park. I don't like people coming inside and scoping all my guns and electronics. But sometimes it does seem funny when doing it. But if I ever saw a cop watching suspiciously, I would just wave him over before he has a chance to try and get all "cop" on me

Haha oh you kids.

I bet that rush of adrenaline is great for you.

explain. we were talking about how it looks crazy suspicious when doing coral deals in random parking lots. there is no adrenaline rush because it's not illegal. However, I guarantee if a cop watched two cars pull up in a parking lot and start selling things in baggies to each other out of the trunk, he would feel obligated to investigate.

If you had any kind of fun in high school, you know the feeling. It's quasi nostalgic for me lol.

explain. we were talking about how it looks crazy suspicious when doing coral deals in random parking lots. there is no adrenaline rush because it's not illegal. However, I guarantee if a cop watched two cars pull up in a parking lot and start selling things in baggies to each other out of the trunk, he would feel obligated to investigate.

If you had any kind of fun in high school, you know the feeling. It's quasi nostalgic for me lol.

The fear and paranoia causes the adrenaline. I think it's cute.

The fear and paranoia causes the adrenaline. I think it's cute.

:huh: Who said anything about fear. It was about do you feel shady people thinking you are selling drugs..I dont know how old you are but I am far from a kid. yea I got an adrenaline selling my coral this morning...and that came from the $110 i put in my pocket. Dont know WTF your talking about

haha i know what you guys mean, i told one of my classes once that i chopped up corals and sold them and some guy said that it sounded like drug dealing lol

:huh: Who said anything about fear. It was about do you feel shady people thinking you are selling drugs..I dont know how old you are but I am far from a kid. yea I got an adrenaline selling my coral this morning...and that came from the $110 i put in my pocket. Dont know WTF your talking about

Fear is natural at all first time buys and exchanges of any kind. I personally do not like meeting at someones house, unless I already know it is in a nicer area or part of town that I already know. Otherwise we are meeting at a neutral location. And if you have no fear from selling stuff or buying stuff not the "correct" way, then I guess you are one of the very few people in the world that nothing bad has ever happened to. But in my world, the normal world of most people, bad things happen and I am always on my guard. I don't trust people that I meet for the first time, as I'm sure most of them don't completely trust me either. It's only natural to be suspicious and a bit nervous. I like to think I am always prepared for anything that I am doing, for that worst case scenario that may never happen, but if it does, you bet your a$$ that I am going to be prepared to react!

I don't know why you assumed my first post in this thread was directed to you and you alone. Don't flatter yourself.

And if you can't recognize the feelings and emotions related to the other posts then I can't help you.

Edit: I get it now.OP=only poster.

Archived