Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

InTank Media Basket

sjnovakovich

About 3 weeks ago, I ordered and received an InTank media basket for my JBJ Nano 28. When it arrived, I attempted to install it, but it was a hair to wide to fit. Hmmm. I sent an email to InTank at about 9:00 PM expecting, perhaps, an auto reply or maybe a reply the following day.

To my surprise, actually utter shock, I received a reply within a few minutes! The CSR at InTank explained that JBJ manufacturing tolerances are really poor and asked me to measure the width of the chamber. I did, and sure enough it was 1/8 " too narrow. Just enough to keep the media basket from going in. I sent the measurement to InTank, and again within minutes, I got a reply saying that I could either send it back for a refund, or wait a few weeks, as they were going to be manufacturing baskets that would fit. I told them that I was leaving on vacation the next day, but would send them the basket when I returned and they could send me a replacement when the new ones were manufactured. They again sent an immediate reply with an RMA number. I returned the basket today.

I've experienced this level of customer service very, very few times in my life. I must also add that the quality and materials and workmanship in the basket were excellent!

All I can say is... WOW!

This company is very highly recommended!

Steve

;)

The media basket I bought from them for my AC70 is perfect. It's well built, very precise and exactly what I wanted to turn the filter into a small fuge. I'm glad I bought it instead of hacking up the filter and modding it myself.

Hell to the Yessss!!! These media baskets improve the efficiency of the AquaClear filters 100%. I had the AC70 basket before I added my sump and thought it was the bomb shizzzle.

I recently ordered a Tunze skimmer from them. The box was well packed with filter floss and my other items. USPS clearly destroyed the box. Cut the main box almost in half. Crushed half the skimmer box. Broke the skimmer cap, pump and Venturi nozzle. It was inspected by usps and retaped with USPS tape. InTank immediately replaced it and said they would deal with USPS for the credit. that is what customer service is all about. This wasn't even a product they make. Thank you.

Archived