Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Stocking 14g

JoshDalton

Well i have had my tank up and running know for a month, the past week the water parameters have not changed and seem steady I have added a CUC. Heres where i run into some problems. I have read the the Oceanic Biocube 14 g cant handle SPS just LPS and softies. But then again i have read It can handle any coral its kinda a mix between the two. I do know it has 1 24 watt 10k and 1 24 Watt Actinic 03 Blue. and is 16 inches tall but with live sand i bet its only about 13 inchs. From what i read about the tank handling anything it says if the tank is deeper then 24 inchs PC lighting will not work for SPS or different anemone. So am i safe with beleaving the tank can handle SPS coral or just Softies and LPS? thanks for the help

At sand level I'm getting 105 as a PAR level from researching SPS corals will b do good in it so will anemone. Am I correct?

At sand level I'm getting 105 as a PAR level from researching SPS corals will b do good in it so will anemone. Am I correct?

Forgot to add at 105 its considered. High light level

altolamprologus

IME lower light sps like montipora (except monti danae) and birdsnests do well under PCs if you keep them in the upper 1/3 of the tank. I wouldn't put a nem in there though. Not just because of the light, but for the sheer fact that unless you get a small species like a maxi mini, it will grow to be bigger than the tank in as little as a year.

IME lower light sps like montipora (except monti danae) and birdsnests do well under PCs if you keep them in the upper 1/3 of the tank. I wouldn't put a nem in there though. Not just because of the light, but for the sheer fact that unless you get a small species like a maxi mini, it will grow to be bigger than the tank in as little as a year.

I was thinking on mini Max anemone.

altolamprologus
With proper lighting, and conditions, you can do whatever...

My old BioCube 14g.

6205824289_a9c0f736e0.jpg

Full Tank Shot 10-2-11 by SFL_Tron, on Flickr

He's talking about under stock lights. It appears you had LED's

I was thinking on mini Max anemone.

A maxi should be fine as long as you put it higher up on the rocks. I would do that before adding corals so it doesn't kill anything if it goes for a walk.

Archived