Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Ethan's 12g Vagabond Tank

ScubaEthan

he might not be able to come out, looks like he is jammed in pretty tight. he may have molted in there and gotten bigger. they are silly, mine is called dingbat.

That really happens?! That's dumb. hehe good name. I actually just saw it's claw sticking out from another rock so it moved. It's SUPER shy. Even more so than my hitch hiker crab which took me months to get a photo of.

I got a used JBJ ATO. Now what? Ha. My question is how to attach the switch to the tank. I don't want it in the display obviously but the water in the back chambers are different levels. Is that ok? I tried super gluing smooth plastic to smooth plastic and it didn't work. My finger, however, is another story.

• Replies 917
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That really happens?! That's dumb. hehe good name. I actually just saw it's claw sticking out from another rock so it moved. It's SUPER shy. Even more so than my hitch hiker crab which took me months to get a photo of.

I got a used JBJ ATO. Now what? Ha. My question is how to attach the switch to the tank. I don't want it in the display obviously but the water in the back chambers are different levels. Is that ok? I tried super gluing smooth plastic to smooth plastic and it didn't work. My finger, however, is another story.

Did it come with the plastic hangers? If not, you could use suction cups although they aren't as reliable. I used suction cups before. You know...I might have hangers leftover from the one I had. If I have it, I'll send it to you....but don't get your hopes up, cuz I probably don't have them anymore :lol: But I will check on that in a little bit.

My middle chamber is where I would place an ato. It's a good indicator of water level.

I have some suction cups I'll try. But if it falls off.... is it going to keep running and overflow? I want to set it up this weekend since I'll be here most of the time to watch it and tweak it.

Thanks Candy! About to do a photo dump now that the water is clearer.

I have some suction cups I'll try. But if it falls off.... is it going to keep running and overflow? I want to set it up this weekend since I'll be here most of the time to watch it and tweak it.

Thanks Candy! About to do a photo dump now that the water is clearer.

Mine never did when it came unattached. I looked for those hangers and couldn't find them, sorry! I must have tossed them thinking I'd never need them again. I bet you could contact the company for new ones. You could use the suction cups in the meantime.

Monti mountain

2012-02-03_18-25-13_422.jpg

2012-02-03_18-32-46_569.jpg

2012-02-03_18-25-57_703.jpg

Put this on Facebook and a friend said "looks like you dropped some olives in your anemone" haha

2012-02-03_18-27-19_560.jpg

2012-02-03_18-28-16_281.jpg

So hard to get a photo of them.

2012-02-03_18-30-38_159.jpg

One of the biggest stars sticking it's arms out on the sand.

2012-02-03_18-37-11_84.jpg

Found it! It switched homes.

2012-02-03_18-39-52_64.jpg

This is my Midget Leper Shroom. Now that it has a fancy name, anyone want to buy it for $50?

2012-02-03_18-42-53_158.jpg

Follow the leader

2012-02-03_18-43-10_462.jpg

FTS

2012-02-03_18-30-59_740.jpg

I like the midget Leopard Shroom, It's "Illegal Leopard!" :P

Really looks nice, I like the Monti Mountain on the one side.

Is "Illegal Leopard" really the name of that kind of shroom? It came on those cloves.

i'll take the shroom, have some skimmate to trade.

feed the crab some mysis, he will come out

Only if it is prime skimmate that has been aged.

Tried that. It didn't come out. My crab is broken :mellow:

Which one? This one says it comes with calibration fluids and the others don't mention it. Maybe it's just an extra? I'd rather get the cheaper one unless y'all think it's a piece of ####.

The $50 one

The $30 one

Love the new pictures!!!!! Monti mountain is awesome :)

I say get the cheaper refractometer. You are basically just paying for the fancy case with the premium aquatics one.

The cheaper one may be the company I bought mine from, as a matter of fact :)

My thanks for making my sig. Appreciate it dude. Glad ur crabs good! Now if i could just find mine. I cant say ive seen him in atleast a month. I hear him at night sometimes, so i kno hes in there somewhere. Like the monti mountain! Thats gonna look super sweet in a few months when everything fills out!

Love the new pictures!!!!! Monti mountain is awesome :)

I say get the cheaper refractometer.

Thanks!

That is music to my ears :)

My thanks for making my sig. Appreciate it dude. Glad ur crabs good! Now if i could just find mine. I cant say ive seen him in atleast a month. I hear him at night sometimes, so i kno hes in there somewhere. Like the monti mountain! Thats gonna look super sweet in a few months when everything fills out!

No problem! Enjoyed doing it. I'm a graphic designer by day so sometimes I miss getting to do fun little projects instead of what I'm told to do. I've had the crab for a couple of months and seen it only a few times so don't worry. It's amazing how much they can hide in such a small space. I can't wait to for my corals to grow. I'm so impatient.

I say go with the cheaper refractometer. Gena is right and you're just paying extra for the case and stuff. I only paid about $30 for mine and it works great!

I have aged skimmate. vintage 2012

:P

I say go with the cheaper refractometer. Gena is right and you're just paying extra for the case and stuff. I only paid about $30 for mine and it works great!

Good! Cause it just shipped :) Should be here in time for my water change next week.

Great new rock scape! I like the two peaks with a valley in the middle -- makes for cool visual movement.

I have to figure out the fancy names for my zoas ;).

You sure those are bam bams? They look paly sized in this photo... Closer pics please? They look like they could be something really sweet... :)

That looks more yellow than orange to me! My yellow is my fav ric in my tank. That's one nice ric...

What kinda flow does your Ric get? And is it in shade or direct light? Just asking because im having problems getting mine to open fully. Its either splitting, which i think it may be, or he is mad at where I moved him to.

Great new rock scape! I like the two peaks with a valley in the middle -- makes for cool visual movement.

I have to figure out the fancy names for my zoas ;).

I could care less about fancy names... besides the fact that they amuse me. And I want to remember what they were sold to me as so I can sell them under that name in the future.

You sure those are bam bams? They look paly sized in this photo... Closer pics please? They look like they could be something really sweet... :)

That looks more yellow than orange to me! My yellow is my fav ric in my tank. That's one nice ric...

They are pretty sweet. They are definitely small zoas. I'll try to get a better photo tonight. I paid $15 for those three heads and finally have a baby fourth :)

Well it was more orange when I got it. It has turned more golden yellow. I don't know why... it could also just be my sucky camera. Thanks... I just wish my other ric would open that much. Here's a photo of that ric the first day I got it. Huge difference, huh?

2012-01-10_22-42-30_534.jpg

What kinda flow does your Ric get? And is it in shade or direct light? Just asking because im having problems getting mine to open fully. Its either splitting, which i think it may be, or he is mad at where I moved him to.

Considering I currently just have the stock pump, pretty low. I have a maxi-jet 900 and Koralia Nano 240 in the mail :) Both of mine are in the shade now but they've only been there for a couple days. They open more there but I don't know if that's good or bad. My other one is less than half the size and looks mad too so who knows.

Thanks!

Look what I got in the mail.

2012-02-07_18-40-16_65.jpg

So... it's DIY Night. I need to build media racks and stuff out of egg crate. This should help. The cheapest wine you'll ever buy.

2012-02-07_19-21-47_963.jpg

A couple photos in case I ruin everything.

2012-02-07_18-40-50_305.jpg

2012-02-07_19-23-56_52.jpg

Is "Illegal Leopard" really the name of that kind of shroom? It came on those cloves.

Not that I know of but hey name it that and you have your own special shroom you can sell for $$$. ;)

Archived