Top Shelf Aquatics

Ethan's 12g Vagabond Tank

ScubaEthan

If you leave the rock out on a towel or something he will come out. Sometimes it takes a few mins, sometimes right away. He will be fine, just dont fall asleep waiting. Haha. I liked the first new scape, but i agree with them, with smashing. I agree with anyone who says break stuff. I thought About giving mine a haircut today but ill prob do it tomorrow. Im gonna try to get it all if i can.

• Replies 917
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shaking a mysis shrimp offering didn't work. I know their filter feeders but thought I'd try.

How am I going to get it out in a bucket? He's in there good.

I thought About giving mine a haircut today but ill prob do it tomorrow. Im gonna try to get it all if i can.

I *thought* about it too and here I am hours later and everything a mess.

I turned off the pump and tried to get each vine off with long tweezers and putting it in a bowl of water. That was painstaking so I just began ripping it out quickly and scratching it off. Then catching stuff with a net. It worked a lot better. Still not all gone though. But contained to one rock.

I picked off the algae with the crab still inside the rock. There's a whole cave system in there.

Photos to come.

And rock bashing.

2012-02-02_22-17-56_981.jpg

This is all I tweezed out. Doesn't look like much. But it was. And you can see how it just breaks apart into tiny pieces.

2012-02-02_22-18-09_772.jpg

Here's what I have right now. Broke up the giant rock. Put a piece down and the other on top on the right. There's a little swim through underneath. All rock is off the wall, which is what I want. But something is still not right...

2012-02-02_22-51-03_334.jpg

Thanks.

Here's what I ended up with after the dust settled. I think I can live with this. It looks so much bigger! I think I could fit a tang in here now :P

2012-02-03_00-49-19_120.jpg

Right behind the orange ric is a swim through. Maybe a future home for a yellow watchman and shrimp? Above it is an entrance to the cave the porcelain crab lives in.

2012-02-03_00-49-33_68.jpg

looks good, alot more swimming space!

I know! Maybe I'll get a tang now :P

What did I say haha rock bashring...mountain on right, looks good ethan...

Yeah thanks for he idea, it worked well. Why didn't I think of that? :slap:

I like the new scape! Don't be afraid to use some putty and AC glue to keep the unstable pieces together.

It's actually pretty stable... minus the monti rock on top. Gotta secure that one.

lol I wrapped mine up in an old dish towel and slammed it down repeatedly on the driveway. It shredded the towel and the corraline made stains like the rock was bleeding :scarry: It was a solid chunk of rock whereas my other pieces are pretty porous.

Oh and it smelled like fishy ass.

lol yeah I tried to be quick. I don't live in the safest part of town.

Thanks :) our black clowns are almost twins! The photo in my sig is old.

surgicalsense
The corals look very happy :happy: Did you find yourself a refractometer?

I need to invest in a refractometer now. Because of this salinity issue I have now since the skimmer has been in the tank.

I too, I like the new scape. It is like you have two peaks in there.

Gotta get some work done so send me links to any cheap but decent refractometers. I saw some on ebay that came with pH probes. They might be junk though.

I like the new scape! I asked you on my build where you were from, now i see atlanta! Nice! I lived in Habersham county for 2 years. In cornelia. Back in 8th and 9th grade.

I like the new scape, what is the story with that Caribbean porcelain crab I see in the rock?

Also, I'm in your town and I can smell your fish ass.

I like the new scape! I asked you on my build where you were from, now i see atlanta! Nice! I lived in Habersham county for 2 years. In cornelia. Back in 8th and 9th grade.

Cool. I'm born and raised. But hoping to move to the PNW one day.

I like the look of the new scape. I'm sure that was a total pain to re-do but well worth it.

Why thank you. It was, but rock smashing made up for it.

I like the new scape, what is the story with that Caribbean porcelain crab I see in the rock?

Also, I'm in your town and I can smell your fish ass.

I bought that crab cause it's pretty. But I didn't realized one of the rocks has a deep cave system. I have NEVER seen it come out of that rock since I acclimated it. I thought it was dead for a while until I recently found it's home. That photo was from then I took that rock out to pick off all the caulerpa brachypus (caulerpa's evil twin). The crab didn't want to come out so I just left it in there while tweezing the algae.

he might not be able to come out, looks like he is jammed in pretty tight. he may have molted in there and gotten bigger. they are silly, mine is called dingbat.

Archived