Innovative Marine Aquariums

Ethan's 12g Vagabond Tank

ScubaEthan

• Replies 917
  • Created
  • Last Reply
sh## I was going to buy from harrys frags and now I saw saltycritters!

Yeah... I looked at a lot of online stores today and saltyscritters is where its at. I read good reviews on forums.

They all look pretty! I can't wait for my upgrade to be done with so I can buy more stuff! It's so hard to restrain myself <_<

I don't know what's going on with my girlfriend. She's coming over tomorrow to talk.

I did some retail therapy. I'm so glad I didn't buy that stuff online cause it's so much cheaper from local reefers. Plus they give you free stuff and you can see it in person.

$65= brown/teal zoas, whammin watermelons, a little green birdsnest to try, frogspawn/hammer (some kind of euphyllia lol), green implosion palys, and 8 mushrooms (red/orange irridescant, green spotted, and a purple spotted that is almost completely covered up in the photo.

2012-04-06_18-44-26_79.jpg

2012-04-06_18-44-50_36.jpg

2012-04-06_18-05-24_565.jpg

GL with the 'talk'.

New additions look nice, I like that copper toned mushroom.

The euphyllia looks like a hammer coral to me.

What is that coral to the back left of the hammer?

And was 7pm good?

Hmmmm when she comes to talk - don't talk...listen and don't defend or apologize for anything unless you cheated on her lol. Signs of weakness will fail on you.

Also nice frags - and that's a wall hammer ;)

GL with the 'talk'.

New additions look nice, I like that copper toned mushroom.

The euphyllia looks like a hammer coral to me.

What is that coral to the back left of the hammer?

And was 7pm good?

Thanks.

It's my pavona, aka cactis coral. I like it. The three frags on the left side of the frag rack are ones I've had and just put there to get out of the way.

I'm texting you.

Hmmmm when she comes to talk - don't talk...listen and don't defend or apologize for anything unless you cheated on her lol. Signs of weakness will fail on you.

I couldn't be more committed to her unless I married her.

Thaaaaaaanks. It's so bright. Even brighter than my gsp.

I love seeing the guys helping their fellow man out :happy:

And plus one on the nice frags. Retail therapy can be great :)

Hey I got the sneak peak of all these corals. :)

Good luck with the talk, we've already texted about "dat bidness," Brad, you and I should start a relationship consultation business. I think we'd be good at it.

I love seeing the guys helping their fellow man out :happy:

And plus one on the nice frags. Retail therapy can be great :)

Yeah they've been helpful, especially since their completely outside of the situation.

Hey I got the sneak peak of all these corals. :)

Good luck with the talk, we've already texted about "dat bidness," Brad, you and I should start a relationship consultation business. I think we'd be good at it.

haha do it

Who wants free caulerpa? You pay shipping. I assume if I put it in a baggy with water, wrap it in lots of plastic, and do 2 day shipping it should be fine?

2012-04-08_16-09-26_425.jpg

Story: this was my very first tank before I got the Aquapod12 for my birthday several years ago. When I was moving around a lot towards the end of college, I sold all my livestock to temporarily get out of the hobby but still had some rock and a few hermits and snails left, so I set up this little tank at my parents house. I have never changed the water in this tank, changed the filter in the HOB, tested the water, or anything. My dad has topped off water for the past few years haha. The huge grandaddy scarlet hermit crab in my tank lived in here and was from my very first clean up crew purchase so it's at least 5 years old. I'm at my parents house today and am finally going to tear down this little ecosystem so I can put the rock in my tank. So who wants all that caulerpa? It's the regular slower growing kind, not like the pest caulerpa species in my tank.

I like your new additions :) I think I have those same teal/brown zoas! The teal colour is so beautiful on them :)

Hope the "talk" goes well!

Thanks Paigee.

Well, we had a couple of talks. They were constructive and had many positives but the end result is I'm single. We both care about each other a lot and it took a lot for us to say that we are not meant to be together. I'm sad, but gotta move on. Somehow she turned dumping me into a mostly good experience. Gah. That woman.

So retail therapy continues and I'm picking up a new finny addition tomorrow :)

Somehow she turned dumping me into a mostly good experience.

Somehow my ex turned cheating, lying, and a secret engagement into a mostly good experience. Wut? :huh::lol:

Somehow my ex turned cheating, lying, and a secret engagement into a mostly good experience. Wut? :huh::lol:

Girls :rolleyes:

New corals are looking sweet. Looking forward to placement pictures :D

That's the part I hate the most! Rockscaping and coral placement. I laugh at the fact that you can barely see any of the sand bed.

Girls :rolleyes:

Guys are just as bad. Don't get me started on the crap I've dealt with with my ex's. And they didn't make it a good experience for the most part. This is why I'm totally content to be single for a while. Way less stress :)

Sorry to hear about your girlfriend though, Ethan. I'm sure it really sucks now but you'll move on and at least it wasn't a messy, angry break up. In glad the guys are helping you out. Keep up the retail therapy. It really works!

Retail therapy rocks! I was just checking my scarily low bank account to see what I could indulge in. The answer is "not much"! I love the teal/brown zoas -- they would look awesome in my tank ;). I think I may do a little reverse retail and give some stuff back to the lfs. I don't care for the hairy mushroom and it is getting BIG -- so big that it is now just a 1/2" away from my all time fave acan, and I'll be damned if I sacrifice that critter. I'm also thinking of returning a little light-blue ricordea that has never prospered in my tank, and given the disappearance of yet another peppermint shrimp, the gold banded coral may be going back, too. At least the peppermints were entertaining! Out on the rock scape, prancing about, annoying the coral.

Sorry about the relationship trouble. All I can say is that the end of one thing leaves the door open for whatever else is meant to be. I know -- very cliche sounding, right? But that is my story: 17 years married as of yesterday, and not because I never went out with anyone else! I didn't get married until I was 30, and even that seemed pushing it. Nor has marriage been all that and a bottle of good wine (though wine certainly helps) -- but it does help when that someone comes along. And just like in all the romance stories I stopped reading when I was 16, I **knew** when I met my husband. I just wasn't sure if the ringing sound I heard was bells or the screech of the guillotine dropping :lol:!

Thanks Paigee.

Well, we had a couple of talks. They were constructive and had many positives but the end result is I'm single. We both care about each other a lot and it took a lot for us to say that we are not meant to be together. I'm sad, but gotta move on. Somehow she turned dumping me into a mostly good experience. Gah. That woman.

So retail therapy continues and I'm picking up a new finny addition tomorrow :)

This just means "miss right" is still out there waiting for you :happy:

So, a new finny addition????? Is it a secret????

Guys are just as bad. Don't get me started on the crap I've dealt with with my ex's. And they didn't make it a good experience for the most part. This is why I'm totally content to be single for a while. Way less stress :)

Sorry to hear about your girlfriend though, Ethan. I'm sure it really sucks now but you'll move on and at least it wasn't a messy, angry break up. In glad the guys are helping you out. Keep up the retail therapy. It really works!

:P

Your ex didn't do your dishes and give you flowers for no reason and rub your feet? I'm pretty freakin' awesome. Why can't I find a girl that appreciates all that?

Well... she did. The main reason was disagreement over religion.

Retail therapy rocks! I was just checking my scarily low bank account to see what I could indulge in. The answer is "not much"! I love the teal/brown zoas -- they would look awesome in my tank ;)

I just wasn't sure if the ringing sound I heard was bells or the screech of the guillotine dropping :lol:!

Haha you sound like me with the scarily low bank account, yet still indulging in the addiction. Good luck doing some reverse retail therapy. I would love to take that big shroom off your hands... I'm starting my collection for my future mushroom land tank :) Wanna trade for some of the zoas? I wonder what shipping would be...

Yeah yeah... we're still closing this door. Happy anniversary!

This just means "miss right" is still out there waiting for you :happy:

So, a new finny addition????? Is it a secret????

You mean Mrs. Wright? hahaha

It's a little finny thing. Hopefully it's cute. I get it after work tomorrow.

:ninja:

;)

dont you think your dad will miss the tank and the hermit?

:haha: that seriously made me laugh out loud. He's so weird cause he will remind me how much he topped it off and had to buy water... but then whenever I would mention tearing it down he would insist that it was no big deal and I could leave it.

Since I was interrupted by someone breaking up with me last night (ha sorry, I'm so dramatic) I had to wait till tonight to rescape my tank. It's still cloudy and coral is closed up but here's a sneak peak:

2012-04-09_23-52-00_37.jpg

An update on the new frags:

2012-04-09_23-47-27_134.jpg

In other news, I went to Kroger at 3am Saturday night to get some munchies with a friend. I have been eyeing their cymbidium orchids for a while. They were $30, now they are $20. THEN I found a couple of them had multiple plants in the same pot! And even different colors! This pot contains 14 blooms and 26 buds. A green/purple and a pink variety. Good find, even though I got some strange looks.

2012-04-09_22-09-09_999.jpg

2012-04-09_22-08-57_401.jpg

Ethan, nice score on the new corals!

Difference in religion is a tough hurdle to overcome.

My advice would be to hang out at all the LFS's grab a reefer girl! Wait, probably not a good idea, two reefers in love under the same roof is a financial disaster.

My advice would be to hang out at all the LFS's grab a reefer girl! Wait, probably not a good idea, two reefers in love under the same roof is a financial disaster.

:P

Sorry but I'm gonna have to go against the grain. I don't like what Sea Life Inc has right now. I want an assortment of stuff.

Saltcritters.com $144.45

Most of these photos are under blue light but they have regular photos of each specimen and I looked at them all to pick the best ones.

post-69749-1333652763_thumb.png

Pacific East Aquaculture $156.93

post-69749-1333652813_thumb.png

OORRRR I could drive out to visit the clown breeder to get Bailey II and buy some of his frags. He has a whole range of stuff (zoas, shrooms, acans, chalices, etc.).

no one local around you have all that stuff?

Archived