SaltCritters.com

Ethan's 12g Vagabond Tank

ScubaEthan

What about acans? I think I like them better than chalices. (I hope the chalice fan club doesn't come after me)

RIP Bailey

I woke up to the tank making a lot of noise. I noticed there wasn't much flow coming out of the pump and I couldn't find Bailey... but it was dark. I took the pump out and saw a little black and white shiny thing :( She's in the porcelain grave now. She was so healthy and growing fast. Only 11 months old.

I'm going to contact the breeder I got them from and see about replacing her. I could probably even get one from the same brood... or whatever you call it.

Just took this photo last night.

2012-04-02_19-58-18_537.jpg

Apparently Bozo and I will be bachelors together. Last night my girlfriend said she wants a "break." :huh:<_<

• Replies 917
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh no! Sorry about the fish!!!

Let the GF take a break, she'll be back. :)

To cheer you up here's a pic of my emerald crab that arrived doa and now is preserved for the next millenium:

IMG_0618.jpg

What about acans? I think I like them better than chalices. (I hope the chalice fan club doesn't come after me)

RIP Bailey

I woke up to the tank making a lot of noise. I noticed there wasn't much flow coming out of the pump and I couldn't find Bailey... but it was dark. I took the pump out and saw a little black and white shiny thing :( She's in the porcelain grave now. She was so healthy and growing fast. Only 11 months old.

I'm going to contact the breeder I got them from and see about replacing her. I could probably even get one from the same brood... or whatever you call it.

Just took this photo last night.

2012-04-02_19-58-18_537.jpg

Apparently Bozo and I will be bachelors together. Last night my girlfriend said she wants a "break." :huh:<_<

Awe Ethan I'm really sorry to hear about both the fish and your girlfriend :( That sucks. Hopefully she'll come to her senses!

If she said she wants a break...your best bet is to not contact her AT ALL lol. If you do shell get annoyed....meh women.

Most guys for some reason(including myself) somehow make they're decision to be our fault and we try to fix it with flowers gifts or trying to talk. When the best thing to do is ignore them completely so they feel durdurdur

Sorry bout your fish

If she said she wants a break...your best bet is to not contact her AT ALL lol. If you do shell get annoyed....meh women.

Most guys for some reason(including myself) somehow make they're decision to be our fault and we try to fix it with flowers gifts or trying to talk. When the best thing to do is ignore them completely so they feel durdurdur

Sorry bout your fish

Ha, we have very similar advice. I just fleshed out my PM to him a bit longer. What he needs is to come up here and meet you and me in DC and then party it up. :lol:

RIP Bailey

Sorry about Bailey! I got so bummed at the slew of fish who disappeared that I still haven't named the trimma goby and s/he's been around for a couple of months now! (or so it seems).

Breaks are tough -- of either the permanent or impermanent kind. Big hug to you :grouphug:!

Ha, we have very similar advice. I just fleshed out my PM to him a bit longer. What he needs is to come up here and meet you and me in DC and then party it up. :lol:

Wooooorddd

That is excellent advice!!!!! Give her some time. Hopefully she'll realize she can't live without you :)

Sooooo sorry about Bailey :( This doesn't seem to be a good week for clownfish, all around. I've read a few sad stories about them lately.

Sorry for your loss, and the GF drama. -_-

Brad and Joel are right though, give her room and time. Man it up with the guys, have a good time etc. If she knows what she lost she will be back. ;)

Hi Ethan. I just finished getting caught up on your thread and I'm so sorry to hear the latest news. I really hope your gf comes to her senses soon. I think the guys are right about just giving her her space since that's what she wants. I know you're upset about the loss of the clownfish, but other than that your tank is looking really good.

Or, you should come out to Cali again and I'll take you diving. That's at least as much fun as partying and always cheers me up :D

That is excellent advice!!!!! Give her some time. Hopefully she'll realize she can't live without you :)

Sooooo sorry about Bailey :( This doesn't seem to be a good week for clownfish, all around. I've read a few sad stories about them lately.

Yeaaaaaaa ;)

Sorry for your loss, and the GF drama. -_-

Brad and Joel are right though, give her room and time. Man it up with the guys, have a good time etc. If she knows what she lost she will be back. ;)

Haha I learned the hard way .....thankfully cause I would never ended up dating Brit if I was smart enough to win back the expsycho

Hi Ethan. I just finished getting caught up on your thread and I'm so sorry to hear the latest news. I really hope your gf comes to her senses soon. I think the guys are right about just giving her her space since that's what she wants. I know you're upset about the loss of the clownfish, but other than that your tank is looking really good.

Or, you should come out to Cali again and I'll take you diving. That's at least as much fun as partying and always cheers me up :D

Hmmm soooo were going diving after I go to vivid right haha

Y'all are so awesome. Thanks for cheering me up :happy:

Sorry bout your fish

It's so hard. But you guys have helped a lot. I definitely have that superman complex where I want to save the day.

Yesss. I got your awesome PM yesterday but didn't get on the computer at all to respond. I hung out with a friend till 12:30am. Went by Petco and they didn't have any good deals this time. Imma buy stuff online!

Thanks :) The rics are all very happy. Now that my sinuses are back to normal, I'd love to go diving again. It's pretty much the best thing in the world in my book.

Yesss. I got your awesome PM yesterday but didn't get on the computer at all to respond. I hung out with a friend till 12:30am. Went by Petco and they didn't have any good deals this time. Imma buy stuff online!

I'm glad it was well received and not too blunt. :) More importantly, I'm glad you're getting out and doing stuff. You'll be okay!

If I were you, my flight to Cali would be booked already!!!!

Y'all are so awesome. Thanks for cheering me up :happy:

Went by Petco and they didn't have any good deals this time. Imma buy stuff online!

Petco sells corals by A&M aquatics (some not all), however when I go to Petco they all look like sh## so I emailed A&M and they said they drop ship every Petco order from their facility and to order online without hesitation. I'll believe that when I see it.

I'm in Atlanta next week if you want to bring a gold fish in a bowl to watch while we dunk a couple of cold ones downtown.

Hmmm soooo were going diving after I go to vivid right haha

Sure! That is if you get certified before then of course :P I'm actually getting rescue diver certified in June, which is the last step before I can start the dive master class and have people pay me to take them diving. I've decided if engineering ever gets too stressful, I'll move somewhere tropical and get paid to take tourists diving. :)

Thanks :) The rics are all very happy. Now that my sinuses are back to normal, I'd love to go diving again. It's pretty much the best thing in the world in my book.

Nope, there's not much that's better than diving. Glad to hear your sinuses are back to normal. Atlanta had a pollen count over 9000 at one point so I'm not surprised you were such a mess. Hopefully that won't happen again, especially not right before diving. If you have a bit of money saved up, diving the whale shark tank at the Georgia Aquarium would be a really nice present to yourself to cheer you up.

If I were you, my flight to Cali would be booked already!!!!

You guys should all get certified and then we can all meet up in LA, go to Vivid and sushi and then we can all go diving out at Catalina. That would be an awesome N-R meet-up :D

Petco sells corals by A&M aquatics (some not all), however when I go to Petco they all look like sh## so I emailed A&M and they said they drop ship every Petco order from their facility and to order online without hesitation. I'll believe that when I see it.

I'm in Atlanta next week if you want to bring a gold fish in a bowl to watch while we dunk a couple of cold ones downtown.

Interesting... I do think they get some nice stuff but you better get it asap cause if it sits in their tank for too long it goes to ####. Plus they have red flatworms, aptasia, bad algae, and I'm sure other pests. Or at least my Petco does. I've been looking at different sites to buy from. Any suggestions? Right now I'm looking at saltcritters.com (free shipping with $125) or sea life inc (I can get $14 shipping).

Hells yessss. Just let me know when and we'll find a cool spot.

Sure! That is if you get certified before then of course :P I'm actually getting rescue diver certified in June, which is the last step before I can start the dive master class and have people pay me to take them diving. I've decided if engineering ever gets too stressful, I'll move somewhere tropical and get paid to take tourists diving. :)

Nope, there's not much that's better than diving. Glad to hear your sinuses are back to normal. Atlanta had a pollen count over 9000 at one point so I'm not surprised you were such a mess. Hopefully that won't happen again, especially not right before diving. If you have a bit of money saved up, diving the whale shark tank at the Georgia Aquarium would be a really nice present to yourself to cheer you up.

You guys should all get certified and then we can all meet up in LA, go to Vivid and sushi and then we can all go diving out at Catalina. That would be an awesome N-R meet-up :D

I've always wanted to move to the caribbean and be a dive master... Good luck with getting rescue diver!

Actually my sinuses were back to normal before the record breaking 9000+ count. It didn't affect me at all. Weird! But the craziest part was that there was a pollen cloud over Atlanta and it literally would blow across the road and leave a sheet of yellow on parking lots.

That sounds like a fun meet up!

Hello and sorry for all the nonsense -_- ..... geesh.

Hello. Thanks... life sucks a little right now. Trying not to get down.

Go with Sea Life Inc. I was really happy with them and their rics are very nice looking. Also, they have an awesome selection of star fish. I just posted an update on my page last night about my order with them.

That's weird about your sinuses. I'm just glad they're cleared up now. Hopefully they'll stay that way :)

I hate saltcritters' website XD

I would go with Sea Life Inc, I have ordered from them twice now and both times I have been very happy. Excellent stock, packaging and prices.

Sorry but I'm gonna have to go against the grain. I don't like what Sea Life Inc has right now. I want an assortment of stuff.

Saltcritters.com $144.45

Most of these photos are under blue light but they have regular photos of each specimen and I looked at them all to pick the best ones.

post-69749-1333652763_thumb.png

Pacific East Aquaculture $156.93

post-69749-1333652813_thumb.png

OORRRR I could drive out to visit the clown breeder to get Bailey II and buy some of his frags. He has a whole range of stuff (zoas, shrooms, acans, chalices, etc.).

surgicalsense

You might like the drive and the out come of your findings when your there looking at the corals directly :)

Archived