Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Ethan's 12g Vagabond Tank

ScubaEthan

Wish I could, but 5 hours both ways is a heck of a drive for a day trip. I think the next time I'll be down there diving is in March for the close of lobster season.

:tears:

Nick....dotty doing the clown do me shuffle..haha my helfrich does the same ;)

Ethan as always your tank is looking awesome - the star polyps are so cool. I just got myself some grass too ;)

lol I still can't get over the behavior... clown do me shuffle, vibrating dance....

Thanks! GSP is underrated.

• Replies 917
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haha the do-me shuffle....there's a pron store in dewey beach on my route....its called dew-me beach haha

And yea gsp is underrated I have the really long gsp like 1inch-1.5 polyps...can't wait for full back wall to be covered...I may get impatient and buy more lol

Haha. Yeah its what we call it at my house. It was a club song for awhile popular on the east coast. Go to youtube sometime and type that in( cupid shuffle) and you will totally get it. Thats too funny tho. Glad im not the only one with weird fish. She was sucked up against the vents again this am. Fatass falls asleep and dont care where she wakes up. Im gonna wait in the am tomorrow and try to get a picture. Ps my links are workin now to my tank. I put them on my page.

Sorry for the late response, but that macro is definitely species of caulpera. A blenny would also eat some of it. My starry never let it get too big, so I hid it from him. :lol:

How are you liking LOST?

Haha the do-me shuffle....there's a pron store in dewey beach on my route....its called dew-me beach haha

And yea gsp is underrated I have the really long gsp like 1inch-1.5 polyps...can't wait for full back wall to be covered...I may get impatient and buy more lol

:haha:

I want something to grow on my wall but I glued it all to rocks. :slap: Guess I'll have to get more too.

She was sucked up against the vents again this am. Fatass falls asleep and dont care where she wakes up. Im gonna wait in the am tomorrow and try to get a picture. Ps my links are workin now to my tank. I put them on my page.

lol I must not wake up early enough to catch my fish sleeping. Well, I wake up around 6:30am but my light and TV are on timers to turn on to help wake me up. I sleep like a rock. So I guess the ambient light from my lamp wakes them up.

Sorry for the late response, but that macro is definitely species of caulpera. A blenny would also eat some of it. My starry never let it get too big, so I hid it from him. :lol:

How are you liking LOST?

hmmm I am going to get a third fish. I was planning on a yellow watchman and pistol shrimp pair... but with how my rock is I'm sure they'd just build a home in the back. That would be my luck. My second choice is a green clown goby. The starry is cool looking too. I'll think about it.

I like LOST. Almost done with season 1! I like Locke. Always got something up his sleeve. And Kate. I'd like to go to dew-me beach with her.

My Marine Depot order shipped!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I got cheap shipping lol

After this order and a refractometer. And a few more corals. And an all blue LED strip. I'm putting my monies on hold (or at least try to) and going to the cash envelope system. I have other things I gotta save up for.

Pistol and goby normally build several exits, main exits toward the front of tank cause watchmens like to see the action...my previous suntail would come out when the tv was on...his favorite show was how I met your mother lol

My green clown goby is awesome. I love that little fish. Such a personality! He swims more than i thought he would, but its when hes perched he is best. Loves to watch me thru the glass. He hops from coral to coral, mushroom to mushroom, and is super friendly. No algea(although i never have much anyway) ever accumulates around corals either bc he blows it off. Its like a personal coral cleaner. His teeth are cool too. Like piranah teeth(doesnt use them, just cool lookin) and he is one hell of a pod hunter! Cool fish. The green clown(warpaint as ive seen them called) gets my vote! Cheap too. I think mine was 9-12 bucks. Somewhere in there.

Pistol and goby normally build several exits, main exits toward the front of tank cause watchmens like to see the action...my previous suntail would come out when the tv was on...his favorite show was how I met your mother lol

ooooo good to know :)

That's funny. I used to have a conure and his favorite thing on TV was that whistling Zaxby's commercial.

My green clown goby is awesome. I love that little fish. Such a personality! He swims more than i thought he would, but its when hes perched he is best. Loves to watch me thru the glass. He hops from coral to coral, mushroom to mushroom, and is super friendly. No algea(although i never have much anyway) ever accumulates around corals either bc he blows it off. Its like a personal coral cleaner. His teeth are cool too. Like piranah teeth(doesnt use them, just cool lookin) and he is one hell of a pod hunter! Cool fish. The green clown(warpaint as ive seen them called) gets my vote! Cheap too. I think mine was 9-12 bucks. Somewhere in there.

Damn. Now I really can't decide. I think 2 clowns, a watchman, and a clown goby would be pushing it, right? (Deckoz doesn't get to comment on this one.) Plus, can you even keep two gobies together?

Thats a good question. I have 4 fish, and it seems managable. The goby and bicolor are small. As for 2 gobys, i dont know. I guess it depends on each fish's personality. I was told no 2 clowns in one tank, but i have seen it more times than i can count. Watchmen are cool too. Im worried about burrowing fish, if one dug the wrong spot im affraid my whole rockscape would come crashing down. Lol. Its balenced so perfectly, like a jenga puzzle. But research, see them if possible at a lfs and go from there.

Thats a good question. I have 4 fish, and it seems managable. The goby and bicolor are small. As for 2 gobys, i dont know. I guess it depends on each fish's personality. I was told no 2 clowns in one tank, but i have seen it more times than i can count. Watchmen are cool too. Im worried about burrowing fish, if one dug the wrong spot im affraid my whole rockscape would come crashing down. Lol. Its balenced so perfectly, like a jenga puzzle. But research, see them if possible at a lfs and go from there.

I put my rock in first as a preparation for my future yellow watchman. So I'm not too afraid about it causing a rockslide. It will be a little while before I get another fish I think. Going slow. Just planning :)

Speaking of rock... I love all the more open rockwork plans and am tired of my rock just up against the back wall. So I'm gonna change it. There's a large rock in the back and I picked it up and put it sideways on top. It's ugly, obviously, but what used to be the top is covered in corraline so hopefully it will spread quickly. You can't tell in the photo but you can see to the back now.

Maybe I could cover that rock with zoas or shrooms? Towards the top would be a good place for sps. Underneath maybe my porcelain crab will finally come out and the clowns can swim through.

But I'm not sold. Maybe I'll try again. Thoughts?

2012-02-02_19-15-57_263.jpg

did you take rock out?!? I say pick the rock up on the right and place the rock you took out under it to make a mountain....if the rock you took out is to big, go smash it on a cinder block like a cave man like i did with my rocks....lol then play with it with smaller peices ;) it does look better open though, but dont take rock awy..just do some smashing

The rock is in a bucket right now. I'm mad at it. But it has nice corraline on it.

Will messing up my sand bed like that cause bad things to happen?

no your tank is still relatively new it probably doesnt have much locked up in it...i used to mess with my sand in the 6 gallon every day for like 2 months until i was happy with a scape

bash the rock if its too big, use some glue to hold it together the way you want it

So I want to pull out the caulerpa's-evil-twin covered rock and clean it and put the big rock underneath to make a mountain. But the porcelain crab is hiding inside it. How do I get it out?

Hold it over the tank and shake it gently. Most of the time that works. If not, siphon out some water and remove it in a bucket underwater.

Archived