SaltCritters.com

Water flow question

Squared

Will turning my koralia 750 off a few times throughout the day/night harm SPS coral? Without the koralia my tank is pretty still.

Would be maybe 6 times in 24 hours, for 15 minutes each.

Uhh maybe a silly idea but I want to get a sailfin molly and they don't like a lot of flow. Thought having very little flow a few times a day would be good for it?

1. I think that is not a very good idea.

2. Depending on the species of SPS, it could be harmful.

3. If you were to get one, I'd buy smaller Koralias (many more).

Yeah...well I could just make some sheltered areas if it needs a break...better than a tang. I really want to try it out, seems like fun.

Yeah...well I could just make some sheltered areas if it needs a break...better than a tang. I really want to try it out, seems like fun.

Sure! Try it out. The worst thing that could happen is it dies and crashes your whole tank.

No biggie :slap:

looking to alternate the current I'd guess.

Hook it up to a timer of some sort that allows for multiple settings within a 24 hr period ....?

No dummy there is a right way of acclimating it to reduce stress and keep up resilience. Thinking a couple weeks to adjust to salinity, and getting some more halimeda would be good for it, for shelter.

looking to alternate the current I'd guess.

Hook it up to a timer of some sort that allows for multiple settings within a 24 hr period ....?

I guess...but the SPS?

Chris' Flame lasted him about a month. No problems, then it dies.

:slap:

This is a molly not a friggin angel

Sure! Try it out. The worst thing that could happen is it dies and crashes your whole tank.

No biggie :slap:

I've never had a fish die and crash my tank. When something like a fish dies in the tank it gets eaten by the other critters and absorbed into the system.

Archived