Cultivated Reef

Tampa Bay reefers?!

neuwave

Hey guys. I'm driving back and forth from Orlando to Tampa to go to college. So since I'll be in Tampa during the week what shops should I go to and what ones should I avoid? I went to coral reefs aquarium and wasn't all that I'm impressed.

Thanks

I live in Tampa and I actually drive to Orlando for the fish stores. Sea in the City is a really good store in Orlando and the employees are extremely helpful and fun to talk with. A very nice selection of fish and the tanks that they have set up are really nice.

Marine Warehouse used to be a good store but I will no longer go because the corals are all covered in bubble algae and a lot of the fish look rough. They will also take down an order for you but don't actually call you back on what you ordered. I have ordered two things with Sea in the City and both times I had an amazing experience. I have gotten a fish and a number of corals from them and they are all doing great! They also supplied me with some coralline flakes from a bare bottom taken they had so I could seed my new tank.

I live in Tampa and I actually drive to Orlando for the fish stores. Sea in the City is a really good store in Orlando and the employees are extremely helpful and fun to talk with. A very nice selection of fish and the tanks that they have set up are really nice.

Marine Warehouse used to be a good store but I will no longer go because the corals are all covered in bubble algae and a lot of the fish look rough. They will also take down an order for you but don't actually call you back on what you ordered. I have ordered two things with Sea in the City and both times I had an amazing experience. I have gotten a fish and a number of corals from them and they are all doing great! They also supplied me with some coralline flakes from a bare bottom taken they had so I could seed my new tank.

I know of sea in the city, it's about 10 minutes up the road from me. Sorry I was wondering what the best fish stores in Tampa are because I live in Orlando.

I live in Clearwater and drive over to Oldsmar, kinda between Tampa and Pinellas county. There are two LFS in Oldsmar widely accepted as excellent LFSs by the reefing community. Both have loyal customers. Fish and Other Ichy Stuff (FAOIS) and Coral Coral.

Archived