Pod Your Reef

zacheyp's 40 breeder fowlr

zacheyp

so i have toyed with several ideas from a 3 gal pico reef to a 90 gallon reef. i have decided on a 40 breeder fowlr because i am going to move within 3 years and i feel that a 40 gallon is the biggest tank that i could move. this will be a slow build as i dont have the tank yet but here is the stock and eqiptment, how does it look?

equiptment

aquaclear 110

2 koloria 250's

some cheap light from petco

30 pounds base rock

the tank is gonna be predatory, how does this stock look

2 true percs

1 lemon peel angel

1 royall dottyback

1 auriga butterfly

a wrasse of some type

are all those fish ivert safe and could i add another fish?

thanks

Can't comment on the fish stocking but I can say that I think you chose a perfect tank.

I've had a 5, 10 20H, 20L, 29 and a 40B and I love the 40B the most. It's small enough that it doesn't break the bank and large enough that you can stock it with a lot of things.

Have fun and don't forget pics when you get going :)

Can't comment on the fish stocking but I can say that I think you chose a perfect tank.

I've had a 5, 10 20H, 20L, 29 and a 40B and I love the 40B the most. It's small enough that it doesn't break the bank and large enough that you can stock it with a lot of things.

Have fun and don't forget pics when you get going :)

do you think it is smal enough to move and how did you stock your 40

When you're ready to move it get some rubbermaid containers. If you can transport everything in the same tank water they will be less stressed. Get everything back into the tank as soon as you've moved. I'm not 100% if I'm answering your question correctly..if you're wondering if you can literally move the tank while full...no, it will be way too heavy.

I'm just starting to get mine going - I've had it a couple of years but it's been used as a frag/holding tank for my 20L. Now I'm working on it. My tank is almost the opposite of yours...only one small fish, everything else is corals and inverts.

aquaclear 110

2 koloria 250's

koralia makes a 250? what is it's gph? I hope you dont mean a 240. Might not be enough flow.

For the less $, get a maxi jet , run it in circulation mode. (500+ gph). I have 2 400's in my 72 bow (1,000 gph). Plenty of flow

Archived