Top Shelf Aquatics

JayPagi's Shallow Reef

JayPagi

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks rbaby I only wish it looks as great as your tank does/will!

I've no doubt it will look amazing/better. I haven't set up my top off yet, waiting for my stupid silicone tube from ELOS. sigh...

hey J its coming together so nicely!

Thanks March!

I've no doubt it will look amazing/better. I haven't set up my top off yet, waiting for my stupid silicone tube from ELOS. sigh...

Thanks! FYI I moved the ELOS sensor into the overflow and attached it to the Eheim suction tube with some small zip ties and it looks so much better compared to my make shift clip. I'm in love with it. I will post some pics for you later. I hope your tube comes in soon.

I moved my the Elos ATO sensor inside my overflow and got rid of that ugly bracket in an effort to make things look cleaner... it still works great and I'm happier with the look.

6889493297_bdef525e0e_z.jpg

Another full shot of my light fixture which I think I may lower a bit.

6889496605_22461e38bf_z.jpg

This rock is from my old tank it won't end up staying in this spot it's just there to help establish the tank.

6889499917_97b3e14fe5_z.jpg

Random shot.

6889502429_17ddd96e65_z.jpg

This will be my Zoa Garden.

6889504777_7fdc4308fd_z.jpg

what hanging kit it that?

It's the EcoTech Radion hanging kit.

ty ty

np

Since you have a rock that breaks the surface, have you considered a little red fiddler crab? That would be pretty cool.

TBH I don't know much about them are they dangerous to fish/shrimp?

sigh ........ something else i want is a setup just like that

LOL sorry Anthony but you too can have one.

There's several problems with them: they breathe out of water, some eat plankton, and some prefer brackish water. But they are neat, few people have them, and it would further set this tank apart. :D

thats what i was going to do :P

Do it, get blue ones. B) if you can't source them my LFS gets them almost every shipment. I could pick one up for you since we are only like 1.5-2 hours away.

There's several problems with them: they breathe out of water, some eat plankton, and some prefer brackish water. But they are neat, few people have them, and it would further set this tank apart. :D

Do you think that single perch is enough for one of these crabs long term? Do they eat anything else?

TY for the pic. Your tank is amazing.....

No problem... thank-you!

Do you think that single perch is enough for one of these crabs long term? Do they eat anything else?

I think it would be okay for one. The problem is with seldom kept things is how much confusion and "this guy I knew had one and it killed everything and died" stories there are. Granted I didn't look very hard as my tank wouldn't support one, but all I've found is conflicting evidence and no real documentation of keeping one.

And they survive long enough to be sold at my LFS so they have to eat stuff besides plankton because they only feed krill (even to tangs! :eek:).

I think it would be okay for one. The problem is with seldom kept things is how much confusion and "this guy I knew had one and it killed everything and died" stories there are. Granted I didn't look very hard as my tank wouldn't support one, but all I've found is conflicting evidence and no real documentation of keeping one.

And they survive long enough to be sold at my LFS so they have to eat stuff besides plankton because they only feed krill (even to tangs! :eek:).

Well when it comes time I will give it some thought. I have some other stock plans I want to see happen first but it's a great idea.

man a lilly pipe return would top this thing off.

They are so expensive... maybe down the road I'll pick one up but right now it's money spent on something that should go to corals.

Well when it comes time I will give it some thought. I have some other stock plans I want to see happen first but it's a great idea.

They are so expensive... maybe down the road I'll pick one up but right now it's money spent on something that should go to corals.

If you search TPT, there are hobbiest there that make them in acrylic, which IMO better than glass, they don't break.

If you search TPT, there are hobbiest there that make them in acrylic, which IMO better than glass, they don't break.

TPT? Acrylic would be better I wouldn't be so worried about it breaking during shipping.

Here is the thread on plantedtank.net:

http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/swap-n-s...-pipe-sets.html

I haven't bought any yet, but am considering his lily pipes for my ada 4g shrimp tank. From what I've read, and heard, breaking during shipping isn't a problem with glass lily pipes. They should be cleaned out often, and while doing that, one slight knock on the kitchen sink will shatter them. I would imagine the acrylic pipes won't have a shatter problem, but will have a "scratch" problem, which is not a biggie to me.

Archived