Innovative Marine Aquariums

JayPagi's Shallow Reef

JayPagi

I know I'm beating a dead horse here, but that led set up is commercial quality, very professional.

This whole set up is real nice.

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply
this build looks great! the dimensions of that tank are dope, and the way you laid out the rock is sick, i love it. cant wait to see that light lit up above the tank! great build!

Thanks Blindside. I've been thinking of adding some more rubble to the tank to make it look a bit more natural but I don't want to mess with a good thing. I hope to have the light hung by weeks end then I can start transferring my corals.

awesome thanks man. ill keep a look out for one.

No worries.

I know I'm beating a dead horse here, but that led set up is commercial quality, very professional.

This whole set up is real nice.

Thanks Joel... I appreciate it. I don't know about commercial quality but I'm proud of it. Also I love your tank I can't wait until the SPS grows in at the top.

Thanks Joel... I appreciate it. I don't know about commercial quality but I'm proud of it. Also I love your tank I can't wait until the SPS grows in at the top.

Thanks for the compliment. :) I can't either, I'm having some calcium problems here lately but once that's sorted out I'm hoping to see some good results.

Great looking tank man, where did you get it made? really liking the setup.

Thanks... I had it made at North American Fish Breeders in Toronto. Do you live in Ontario?

Thanks for the compliment. :) I can't either, I'm having some calcium problems here lately but once that's sorted out I'm hoping to see some good results.

Good luck with sorting them out I'll keep watching.

The hanging kit for my light came in yesterday and I got it hung tonight so I thought I would share a few pictures. The two wires at the back of the fixture will be routed differently and it will look a lot cleaner when I'm done.

Here is my current FTS with a white/blue balance I enjoy.

6839137137_59e38095fa_z.jpg

My moonlights at work.

6839123157_16a5a2bd19_z.jpg

Here are some detail shots of the hanging hardware.

6839132249_6c739fc974_z.jpg

6839127055_8964fb8513_z.jpg

Great tank/scape going. Looking forward to coral scaping!

How is that ATO working out for you? I have a surface skimmer overflow box too, and that is where I see/hear my evaporation taking place. The actual display tank water level doesnt really change, just the water level in the skimmer box.

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

LOL... thanks!

Great tank/scape going. Looking forward to coral scaping!

How is that ATO working out for you? I have a surface skimmer overflow box too, and that is where I see/hear my evaporation taking place. The actual display tank water level doesnt really change, just the water level in the skimmer box.

Thanks a lot I'm not 100% set on it yet. Neither can I... I've been trying to develop a game plan for this tank instead of just putting corals wherever. I love the ELOS Osmo it's worked out really well. They both change... a small loss in the display results in less water flowing into the overflow which makes it seem like everything is taking place in there. The ATO helps keep the overflow from running dry and the pump losing its suction; it's a must I think.

This is such a nice tank. Love the simplicity and cleanliness of it. This is what I aim for...

Bravo

Thanks Spilnun... I love simple things that work well!

I have two small pieces of LR in the tank to help seed which will either be buried with more dry rock or removed. I mention this because they are kind of throwing off my scape right now.

Thanks... I had it made at North American Fish Breeders in Toronto. Do you live in Ontario?

Good luck with sorting them out I'll keep watching.

oh i know them, i have yet to go by but will soon. i am in ontario, north york to be exact. i see your from whitby, i have some friends who live out there on tauton rd.

Looking forward to corals in this one!

Me 2!

Subscribed. The scape and dimensions are really nice.

Thanks for subscribing.

oh i know them, i have yet to go by but will soon. i am in ontario, north york to be exact. i see your from whitby, i have some friends who live out there on tauton rd.

I'm in a new development down my the lake. Are your friends into reefing and do they sell frags? LOL

Wow Jay! Awesome, awesome, awesome! Really nice job on everything. I am really looking forward to seeing your tank develop and mature. I know it's going to be TOTM material. :)

Your rock layout, with one part extending above the water, is very much what I had in mind for my new tank. Great work on the scape and light fixture.

Wow Jay! Awesome, awesome, awesome! Really nice job on everything. I am really looking forward to seeing your tank develop and mature. I know it's going to be TOTM material. :)

WOW... I now have a lot to live up to. This will be a slow build as I don't really know that much about corals and caring for livestock so it's another learning experience. Thanks for the compliments again Pak it's going to be fun watching both our tanks grow.

Your rock layout, with one part extending above the water, is very much what I had in mind for my new tank. Great work on the scape and light fixture.

Thanks a lot castiel... I love that look and it was an element I really wanted for this tank.

suscribed!

Thanks londonloco... love that name!

Week 3 update and all my parameters are still at 0 (NH3,NO2,NO3). Here's a quick timeline. On December 11th I placed the Eco rock in a Rubbermaid container to cycle; it went through a cycle for 2 weeks. On January 21st I set the tank up added my rock and a new bag of LS. I used all the water from the Rubbermaid container and put it into my tank plus 5 gals of freshly mixed saltwater. I'm concerned because I want to bring my corals over from the 5.5 but I don't want to have my tank crash. I also want to start building the bio-load up; my gut tells me the tank has cycled but with the Eco rock it's hard to tell. Any thoughts?

Have you started moving over your corals yet?

Yeah man I have. It's quite sparse though LOL. I still have to bring over the mushroom frag I have, my ricordea and some GSP. I haven't decided if I want to bring the GSP over though I'm leaning towards no. I have brought over what few Zoa's I have and my duncan coral is also in the tank; though not happy. Time to start frag shopping but I want to take my time and build the bio-load slowly!

Archived