Coral Vue Hydros

JayPagi's Shallow Reef

JayPagi

Wow that is quite the stand change. I think this one looks a lot better :) I actually have the same ikea stand and was contemplating on maybe setting up a little frag system there in the future. These tanks are why I like those little long ADAs so much!

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, looks awesome. :)

Thanks dude! I'm also following along on your thread, pictures are sick and the set up is unreal.

Wow that is quite the stand change. I think this one looks a lot better :) I actually have the same ikea stand and was contemplating on maybe setting up a little frag system there in the future. These tanks are why I like those little long ADAs so much!

Hey Thanks. The shallow tank had a nice presence in the house, they really don't look out of place at all.

Gorgeous! Such a clean look :)

Thanks! It's always been a little too clean I need to get more coral in there.

Beautiful.

Thank-you, love the new tank BTW

• 4 weeks later...

*fingers crossed* we lost power overnight due to a big ice storm here in Ontario. The tank dipped down to a low of 71 degrees with no circulation. Let the adventure begin.

Such a clean tank-only suggestion is to get some conduit to hide that cord from the light.

Thanks Giga. Yeah it's real ugly, I'm giving the light an overall in the coming months so it will be take of.

So far so good. It seems everyone survived the power outage. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Tank looks fantastic, everything has really bounced back well.

Thanks, it's really starting to reach its potential. Water chemistry is much more consistent and my levels are where they are supposed to be.

Wow looks great jay!

Awesome shots BTW

Thanks Hype, I appreciate it.

New light configuration looks very nice I'm interested to see the next configuration when you take out the 2 blues

Thanks, the colour rendition is so much better now. Still haven't settled on a light controller yet so I'm holding off on any further modifications. I was leaning towards the Storm but now with the Bluefish coming out... ahhh I'm not sure. I can wait a couple of months and pick the winner then.

I've been having some issues with nuisance algae lately and I can't pin point the source. Nitrates and Phosphates are very low almost undetectable and my RO water is at 0 TDS. I change my mechanical filters twice a week and chemi-pure monthly. My skimmer is set up to run pretty dry and it consistently pulls out dark film. The sand doesn't see much algae just the rock. Maybe it's time to run some cheato in the sump or add more LR/bacteria, any suggestions? The good news is I'm seeing great growth from all my corals, eventually I hope the corals just cover the algae and it goes away but I doubt it's that easy.

• 8 months later...

Hey, really nice built ! I was wondering where your tank was made ? Thanks !

Thanks a lot. I'm actually in the process of selling this tank and tearing it down. I'll probably take a bit of a break to work on the house then start a smaller desktop cube for my office.

It was made for my by John at North American Fish Breeders in Toronto.

• 1 year later...
Bruno Campos Gouveia

Lindo reef parabéns!!! tenho me inspirado bastante em aquarios do site, logo posto foto do meu reef Shallow reef.

Archived