Pod Your Reef

Another, guess what's killing them thread

zacowacko

I got both these clowns on Wednesday. They ate first day and second, then stopped. Stringy poop and hiding in rocks. No other symptoms. Params all zero. Tank been up for 3 months. Cuc is just fine.

I'm leaning toward brook or bacterial infection. Just can't tell which. Check the video and tell me what ya think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pB3qUmoo8go...be_gdata_player

Both from lfs

altolamprologus

IMO best course of action is to quarantine them and treat with prazi or another parasite med. Garlic helps boost the immune system so feed them some food soaked in it. That's about all you can do right now, good luck!

Well they ate today, but would only take brine. Wouldn't touch nls pellets or flake. One ate a lot of brine , other only ate a little.

What can I soak the brine in to kill brook or bacterial infection, I'm not sure which they have.

Being around others with it. Apparently it is rampant, this is my second set and they both had it. First set died. Didn't realize t hey had it, until I got these and looked up stringy poop.

altolamprologus
Being around others with it. Apparently it is rampant, this is my second set and they both had it. First set died. Didn't realize t hey had it, until I got these and looked up stringy poop.

If these guys die, you should probably go with captive bred clowns next time.

If these guys die, you should probably go with captive bred clowns next time.

Totally agree, this is what I was gonna do to begin with, but couldn't help myself.

I now think it may be bacteria infection. They don't show any sliming and it has been almost a week, figured they be dead by now

Well , one is eating pellets again. The other will still only eat a few pieces of brine. One is looking good and the other not so much.

Can't catch the sick one yet, still has a little fight left in him. I'm going to go see if my lfs has any garlic, maybe that will entice him to eat and help him fight off whatever he has. Maybe the will have some medicine I can soak his brine in. Anyone guess what I should get?

Well, one eats pellets great. Eating nls thera a. The other one will still only eat brine or mysis. Don't know how to grt the terd to eat pellets. He is acting much better now, though.

Archived