Pod Your Reef

New 10G setup

BrandonS4321

Okay so I am not new to saltwater tanks but I am new to nano reef tanks. I went a bought a 10G tank with an HOB, T5 HO lamp that puts out close to 50watts, heater, powerhead, 13lbs live rock and live sand. I am going to test the water and let the tank cycle for a bit then add a cleaner crew. Any other equipment that is vital before i want to add corals and fish. Dont worry I am not a total noob at this I will not overstock the tank so please no replies lecturing me just a friendly advice please and thank you.

Okay so I am not new to saltwater tanks but I am new to nano reef tanks. I went a bought a 10G tank with an HOB, T5 HO lamp that puts out close to 50watts, heater, powerhead, 13lbs live rock and live sand. I am going to test the water and let the tank cycle for a bit then add a cleaner crew. Any other equipment that is vital before i want to add corals and fish. Dont worry I am not a total noob at this I will not overstock the tank so please no replies lecturing me just a friendly advice please and thank you.

:welcome:

The world demands pics. LOL :P What are your stocking plans? The only advise I can offer to you is to take things slow and research all your options. There is a wealth of info here on Nano-reef. Good luck and keep us all posted.

Not The best way to cycle. U didn't want lectures but u might get em now. Should have cycled with out livestock.

I didn't see where he said he added any livestock.

Sounds like a plan.

A basic API test kit is a good idea, and while not totally necessary, give some thought to an RO/DI unit down the road.

I say that because I used water from a few kiosks and a couple LFS in my area. Then I actually tested the TDS and Phos levels of that water.

Long story short ... I now make my own.

While viewing this earlier today you had another post saying you were cycling using a clown. Also there was a pic. It's been deleted now. Not sarcasm. Just truth. Not trying to fight its good advise. Makes me look dumb now that you have removed the post. I have no control over that. Try not altering your posts then accusing.

While viewing this earlier today you had another post saying you were cycling using a clown. Also there was a pic. It's been deleted now. Not sarcasm. Just truth. Not trying to fight its good advise. Makes me look dumb now that you have removed the post. I have no control over that. Try not altering your posts then accusing.

The previous pic is the clown from my 55 gal setup. I was going to put him in becuase I recieved the live rock from a buddy's tank so my tank is essentially cycled but then i decided against it incase there is a mini cycle. I apologize for being brash earlier and i have taken down that last comment. No hard feelings

The previous pic is the clown from my 55 gal setup. I was going to put him in becuase I recieved the live rock from a buddy's tank so my tank is essentially cycled but then i decided against it incase there is a mini cycle. I apologize for being brash earlier and i have taken down that last comment. No hard feelings

Agreed. Just a misunderstanding.

Archived