Pod Your Reef

New MP10 crapped out!

hawkingcolorado

hawkingcolorado

Just set up my new tank...Set up MP10 according to instructions, set reef crest mode..It worked for approx. 20 minutes before crapping out..Got the red/green blinking light...Tried unplugging then powering up again. No good. Did a hard reboot..no good...Did everything according to the troubleshooting guide on the website, and nothing works....Dry side will not run,,,Wet side prop spins perfectly by hand.....For $285.00 This is what I get? I got mine from Marine Depot...I better get a replacement or a refund....From reading the forums, it seems like these things not working is not as infrequent as you might think.- VERY UNHAPPY CUSTOMER>>>

Hawkingcolorado is online now Report Post

hawkingcolorado
did you calibrate the pump seperation setting ?

Not sure what that is? For the MP10, I did what was on the website. I did not see that...The light will not do anything except red/green not matter what i try...

I know this is in the manual :

Break-in

The VorTech pump is engineered to adapt to its aqueous environment. During the first week of use, your

pump may run noisey or stall. The noise should quiet dramatically after 24 hours of use and any stall conditions can safely be reset by manually cycling the power to your pump

I will continue to search

User - floppybass , had this problem about 2 weeks ago and got it worked out. You may give him a shout and see what he did

from ecotech site :

http://community.ecotechmarine.com/ecotech...ix_this_problem

hawkingcolorado
I know this is in the manual :

Break-in

The VorTech pump is engineered to adapt to its aqueous environment. During the first week of use, your

pump may run noisey or stall. The noise should quiet dramatically after 24 hours of use and any stall conditions can safely be reset by manually cycling the power to your pump

I will continue to search

User - floppybass , had this problem about 2 weeks ago and got it worked out. You may give him a shout and see what he did

I did read that, but the dry side will not run even if I power cycle it..It will not run after separating the halves and doing a hard reset. Just goes back to re/green...

And there have been several people recommending contacting the manufacturer. Marine depot may also be able to help, but it sounds like you got a defective unit and just need a replacement. It's annoying to run into a problem and be delayed, but I don't get the impression that either company would have a problem replacing it for you, so contact them and see what they can do.

And there have been several people recommending contacting the manufacturer. Marine depot may also be able to help, but it sounds like you got a defective unit and just need a replacement. It's annoying to run into a problem and be delayed, but I don't get the impression that either company would have a problem replacing it for you, so contact them and see what they can do.

Could be wrong, but I believe that all problems must be addressed by Ecotech.

I had same issue. Called Ecotech. Had new one in 1 day and a box to send the broke one balk. Can't beat that. No complaints. CALL THEM. That is your salvation!

BTW Replacement is all I dreamed of and so much more!

hawkingcolorado
I plan to contact them..There mat not have a problem replacing at all, that's true.

But I've also experienced trouble with companies before, and had bad CS. Haven't you?

I will give them the benefit of the doubt...

I think it's strange, but every company that distributes aquarium products has given me better CS than I have ever experienced in my life. Maybe it's because in this hobby the experianced customer is already patient. Lol.

hawkingcolorado
I think it's strange, but every company that distributes aquarium products has given me better CS than I have ever experienced in my life. Maybe it's because in this hobby the experianced customer is already patient. Lol.

I'm sure it will e fine...Just cranky about it... -_-

The blinking lights are an error code I believe. The only thing I can think to do is a hard reset, sounds like you've done it already.. Unplug the unit, separate the wet/dry sides then try the hard reset again. It worked for me and a couple others so far. But sounds like you've tried it already, get some beer and enjoy the football today. CS is top notch, if you end up needing to call them..

hawkingcolorado
The blinking lights are an error code I believe. The only thing I can think to do is a hard reset, sounds like you've done it already.. Unplug the unit, separate the wet/dry sides then try the hard reset again. It worked for me and a couple others so far. But sounds like you've tried it already, get some beer and enjoy the football today. CS is top notch, if you end up needing to call them..

Yes, good advice..I did try all that stuff....I'll call them tomorrow

Red Sea Reefer

Same thing happened to me. You have to do the hard reset with the wet/dry side DISCONNECTED. Ecotech should put this common error and fix to it in the sort paper manual that comes in the box.

hawkingcolorado
Same thing happened to me. You have to do the hard reset with the wet/dry side DISCONNECTED. Ecotech should put this common error and fix to it in the sort paper manual that comes in the box.

I did that. It did not work....

What size tank ? If it has really thin glass and you are NOT using the spacer this problem will occur and will not reset until the spacer is placed between the motor and pump. I know you have been through it all, but this just came to mind.

Beating the dead horse here... Hard reset is supposed to be for mp40 from what I've read. When I tried doing that I never got to the point where I was supposed to unplug the power. If the driver keeps defaulting to the red/green error then its a goner.

Archived