Innovative Marine Aquariums

The lonely damsels

Basketball Prodigy

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just got a peppermint shrimp from the LFS. I'm hoping it will kill the Atapsia in my tank.

If he doesnt get red sea aptasia x, i had 2 pop up, hit um with that and they were gonners

Basketball Prodigy
If he doesnt get red sea aptasia x, i had 2 pop up, hit um with that and they were gonners

Yeah I hope I just don't have to use Atapsia X though...

Basketball Prodigy

Photo Update!!!!!!!!!! omgomgomg

Views:

FTS 2/14/12

post-65280-1329272297_thumb.jpg

Left Side

post-65280-1329272314_thumb.jpg

Right Side

post-65280-1329272337_thumb.jpg

Cool View w/ glare

post-65280-1329272356_thumb.jpg

Ughhhh... Flow :rant:

post-65280-1329272416_thumb.jpg

Corals:

Xenia

post-65280-1329272436_thumb.jpg

Plate

post-65280-1329272453_thumb.jpg

Leather and Zoas

post-65280-1329272509_thumb.jpg

Hammer

post-65280-1329272543_thumb.jpg

Fish:

Dottyback

post-65280-1329272684_thumb.jpg

Any comments, questions, or opinions are welcomed. :D

Basketball Prodigy

My maxi-mini anemone moved about a half inch from where it was today. I believe it was because of a rock it was touching. This is normal right????

(Just wondering because since I got the anemone it has not moved.)

Basketball Prodigy
Pretty sure they just move when they want to move, and if it's only half an inch then no need to worry.

Thanks, yeah it moved for it's first time in over a year. :o

Basketball Prodigy

I just got an Orange Diamond Sand Sifting Goby from my LFS. I couldn't pass it up for $30 I'll get pictures uploaded when the lights are on.

Basketball Prodigy
No clowns yet?

ha ha, I'm waiting till my LFS gets in some that aren't "designer" because I like the look of perculas and occellaris better.

• 2 weeks later...
Basketball Prodigy

I believe my sand-sifting goby was picked on by my other fish and then eaten by my maxi-mini. I assume he ate it since the skeleton of the fish is stuck to the nem. Come on really, has anyone else had a maxi-mini eat three fish. (two clowns and a goby) :angry:

We have some of the same zoas! I have that same combo of radioactive dragon eye ones, both came on same frag. And I have those zoos that are kind of brown with a seafoam green center!

Also, not sure if the peppermint worked on the aiptasia, but go to your local pharmacy and ask for a syringe (not with a needle, just the plunger part) and get a cup of boiling water and squirt the boiling water straight on them. Worked for me :)

Sorry to hear about your greedy maxi mini :( That sucks. You could try a firefish, in a system so large it might stay clear of the others. However, I would be inclined to pick something a little more "spunky" :P Apparently a kole tang has Jacob's vote.

Archived