Innovative Marine Aquariums

Frog Spawn in bad area

brianep1968

I have had a Frog Spawn in my tank for about 2 years but now I noticed a new Frog Spawn growing out of a crevace of my live rock. Normally i'd say great but this location has a colony of Zoanthids growing there. The spot where the Frog Spawn is growing from now has caused the Zoanthids to close up tight, im sure they are being stung. Do I try to remove the Frog Spawn and replant somehwre else? This will be extremely difficult because of its location or let nature takes its course and let the Zoanthids colonize outwards from the Frog Spawn which i'm sure they will do.

Unless they are very expensive, rare zoas I would leave it where it is and let the zoas grow the other way. Lucky you to get a baby froggie growing :D

That was my thought, I was very happy to see the baby Frog popping its head out, its growing like im feeding it steroinds.

I had the same thing with trumpet corals, but mid-to-high end zoanthids. I let it grow until it encroached on the 2nd row of them, then got out a needle nose pliers and pulled them. I have 2 baby trumpet corals now.

I would try to pull the frogspawn out if possible, maybe try an icepic and a chisel around the base. Liverock is usually easy to break unless it is branch or slab rock. But if you would take a pic just for the idea of it, I've seen frogspawn send out babies a hundred times but I've never seen one grow.

Here is my Baby Frog Spawn, I circled it in the photo, if you notice I have a large Frog Spawn above it but I just moved it there, it use to be in the rear of the tank on the bottom.

post-53544-1328145656_thumb.jpg

post-53544-1328145665_thumb.jpg

post-53544-1328145674_thumb.jpg

Archived