Coral Vue Hydros

Possible aiptisia

skymastre

I would just buy a peppermint shrimp or two and they will take care of it and any others you might not see

I know, you are right.

but lets just say that I pulled the rock...........

Purchase some Aiptasia-X, follow the directions and it will be gone. There are other methods too that you could try but Aiptasia-X works quite well.

FWIW, I tried a Peppermint shrimp and mine didnt have any interest in the stuff....thus I purchased some Aiptasia-X and havent looked back.

Peppermint shrimp generally don't do much to larger aiptasia, so they may not be the best choice in this situation. I've had good luck using a syringe and some very concentrated kalkwasser (like milky white concentration) and just blasting it. You don't want any other livestock around and it may be better to have the circulation off when you do it, but it will kill them quickly.

If you pull the rock out. Just put some normal iodized table salt on the aptasia. It will dissolve it right away. Rinse, and place rock back in tank. Done. Ive gotten rid of a few and never had them regrow with this method.

Thank you so much for all the help. I went with the normal salt plus ordered both aiptasia X and kal

I've got some peppermint shrimp but they aren't too interested

again, thanks

I was about to post my images that look exactly like the ones posted. So I have Aptasia. So I will get a peppermint shrimp. Would a cleaner shrimp eat aptasia. I have always had one in the tank but about a month ago it went missing and soon after that the aptasia started showing up.

I

ll post my pic anyway since I took the time to take it.

post-67333-1327275518_thumb.jpg

Got a peppermint shrimp that the LFS told me was guaranteed to eat the Aptasia. Cost me only $9 and I have a new critter to look at. Better than paying for some chemicals to pump into the tank. He eat every bit of it over night.

Archived