ReefCleaners.org

Fish Suggestions

Lee C

Tank specs:

40B

Odyssea ADV Plus (250W MH, 4xT5HO, 4xMoons)

2xMarineland HOB Emperor280 Biowheels

PrizmPro Redsea HOB Skimmer

50lbs rock (half live, half dry but gaining color!)

30lbs Aragamax, 20lbs Caribsea Bahama Oolite ("live")

2x Koralia 425gph (Koralia 750 on the way!)

40B CUC from John (reefcleaners.org)

So, this is my first go at SW tank. I've done "some" research and have a few veteran friends helping me out. Parameters settled in for a few weeks now. Nitrates a little elevated, but trending down. Want to have 4-6 fish tops and need some suggestions for good combos. Really enjoy the paired clowns (no particular type) with nem. Looking for a "peaceful" tank with good colors. Entertainment is a plus! Plan to add a fish/month...send suggestions, I'll research, pick one and post pics.

FTS attached, crappy phone shot, but you get the idea...kind of a "coliseum" look.

Thanks in advance!

post-70902-1327161008_thumb.jpg

animalmaster6

There are tons of options.

Flasher wrasses

Possum wrasses

Fairy wrasses

Royal Gramma

Dartfish

Firefish

Assessors

Blennies

Gobies

Cardinalfish.

Are you sure you want an anemone? It could harm your fish and corals so it could be a risk.

There are tons of options.

Flasher wrasses

Possum wrasses

Fairy wrasses

Royal Gramma

Dartfish

Firefish

Assessors

Blennies

Gobies

Cardinalfish.

Are you sure you want an anemone? It could harm your fish and corals so it could be a risk.

No, not sure about anything at this point...just looking for suggestions. Forgot to mention that I hope to have a reef tank not a FOWLR so to reasonable extent, fish need to be reef safe. Thanks for the suggestions!

No, not sure about anything at this point...just looking for suggestions. Forgot to mention that I hope to have a reef tank not a FOWLR so to reasonable extent, fish need to be reef safe. Thanks for the suggestions!

I only have a 10 gallon so I am very limited, but I have an o. clown and a bicolor blenny. My blenny is the most entertaining fish, very active, has not hurt any corals (he's been resident for 5 months) and get's along very well with the clown. They actually kind of pal around in the tank. Just my two cents.

Oh, and I love your rock scape! Have fun with your choices.

I would recommend a Yellow Watchman Goby and Pistol Shrimp as one if not your first additions. The Goby and Shrimp will pair and create hours of entertainment for you. In addition, they eat about anything that finds its way to the bottom of the tank which includes waste from other fish. Here is a couple pics that may tempt you. If you go to my tank journal you will also see my LeMark Angels which would be great for your tank as well and they are reef safe.

Watchman-1.jpg

ShrimpGoby2.jpg

Percula Clown and anemone, Watchman goby and pistol shrimp, firefish, Gobies, these to me exhibit interesting or symbiotic relationships with other organisms.

Personally i would purchase a few anthias, but they are on the pricey side, but if it's one a month shouldn't be too hard on the wallet.

Of course cardinalfish are nice and peaceful too, and look good in a school of 6 or 7.........

animalmaster6

Yep all of those fish are reef-safe :happy:

If you are going with an anemone then I personally would not get any smaller, perching fish that could become a meal of the anemone's.

Archived