Cultivated Reef

Green Mandarin swimming around the surface

Sashimi

Has anyone ever seen their Green Mandarin swimming around the surface? I've never seen that before but he looks health and eating like a champ

Has anyone ever seen their Green Mandarin swimming around the surface? I've never seen that before but he looks health and eating like a champ

I just read an article in coral magazine that they rise for breeding purposes. It also talked about them being jumpers during this time. It was just in the last issue of coral. There must have been 5 different mandarin articles.

altolamprologus

My male swims around the surface of the tank looking for floating pieces of food when I feed, but my female never goes near the surface except to spawn. IMO it's just his personality and nothing to worry about.

Mandarins are easy to breed (mine spawn all the time without any special care), but the larvae are tough to raise. They hatch out as little tiny prolarvae and are fairly delicate. By the time they are developed enough to start eating it's kind of like a really sensitive clown with an extra long larval period that won't take to prepared food as easy ;)

Archived