SaltCritters.com

POLL: Which fish to get? :)

lostmindedv

Which fish to get along with clownfish?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. I'm having trouble deciding on which fish to get along with a clownfish? I like both of the fish below but I can't decide what to get :/ I have a Biocube 29 with a firefish goby right now.

• Flame Angel
    • Baggi Cardinal

Angels also nip at corals once they reach maturity so you would have to keep a close eye on them. It may also torment your firefish goby since they are a shy fish. The cardinal is cool to watch. Huge eyes and just sits and stares at you.

Pajama Cardinal may be cool as well to give some more color to the tank. Although the zebra/cow look is cool as well.

Ok I think I'm going to get the Baggi Cardinal then. How should I go about adding them? Both at the same time or the Baggi Cardinal first then the Clownfish?

i love the cardinal, definitely my favorite fish i've had so far.

i put him in after my clowns and they do great together.

your clowns didnt bother him and how long did you wait before you added the cardinal?

*CAPTIVE BRED Bangaii Cardinal

Wild ones are endangered, and usually don't do well in aquariums

I believe they are captive bred ones? I will check when I go back to make sure. Thanks for the heads up though :)

altolamprologus
I believe they are captive bred ones? I will check when I go back to make sure. Thanks for the heads up though :)

You'll be able to tell based on price. Wild caught are around $15-20 and captive bred are around $30-40

BTW it's spelled bangaii

Archived