Coral Vue Hydros

EcoPico Led strip meets Fluval Edge

Allan M

On my eternal search for a suitable light system for Fluval Edge, my next stop is EcoPico LED strip.

Any of you who have any idea if 6 strips is enough?

Each strip should contain 3x1W diode, but since I do not know which diode it is, I have no idea if those 18 diodes would to the trick!

I plan 2x White 12.000K, 2 x Blue 453nm and 2x 50/50.

Since I could not find the length of each strip, I do not know if they fit in the Edge Box.

Anybody with experiences??

On my eternal search for a suitable light system for Fluval Edge, my next stop is EcoPico LED strip.

Any of you who have any idea if 6 strips is enough?

Each strip should contain 3x1W diode, but since I do not know which diode it is, I have no idea if those 18 diodes would to the trick!

I plan 2x White 12.000K, 2 x Blue 453nm and 2x 50/50.

Since I could not find the length of each strip, I do not know if they fit in the Edge Box.

Anybody with experiences??

They fit perfectly but I don't know if you could fit six in there. Four tops, unless you plan on removing the stock lighting. It also depends on what you plan on keeping livestock wise. I have 3 strips that run with my stock lighting on my Fluval Edge 12 gallon which has stock LED lights. Check out my thread.

Oh and I have no idea about diodes.

Thank you.

I have FLuval Edge 6gallon (23liter(). Is the top the same for Fluval 12 and 6.

I plan to remove the existing light and only use the strips.

I plan for mostly LPS

Thank you.

I have FLuval Edge 6gallon (23liter(). Is the top the same for Fluval 12 and 6.

I plan to remove the existing light and only use the strips.

I plan for mostly LPS

Yea the hoods have the same specs.

They are so small! I have 3 strips in my Fluval 12g. I plan on buying 3 more strips so I will have 6. I dont like the stock LEDs they are very yellow so I plan on not using them. I'll post some pics when I get the 6 strips. Also thinking of the Fluval edge saviour by wingoled. If you haven't seen the fixture, it consists of 6 high powered LEDs which can support most coral.

James :)

• 2 years later...

Archived