SaltCritters.com

Just wanted to say HI

sheltiegirl

Hey everyone!

I've been checking out the forums for a while and finally decided to join.

So here's a little about me... I've been doing the freshwater thing on and off for quite a few years. I currently have a 45gal rainbow tank, 20gal goldfish tank, 1.5gal betta, and a 29gal semi-rainbow tank at my boy friend's house. Freshwater is great, but it's somewhat limiting... so I looked for a challenge. After being inspired by my BF's 90gal fish only SW tank (still in progress), I decided to jump in.

About 2.5 yrs ago I started putting my 29gal together, piece by piece, slowly. I wish I would have joined then, but based on online research and help form my LFS, I'm fairly pleased with my tank.

Current inhabitants-

B/W Occ Clown

Royal Gramma

Fathead Anthias

YT Damsel

Snails (mixed 6+/-)

Hermits (mixed 7+/-)

*And the reason I joined... the corals!*

Green Mushroom

Anthelia (pink)

Rocordia Mushrrom

Finger Leather

Toadstool Leather (very tiny)

Trying for some decent pics, but my camera is pretty crappy...

The corals are all fairly new... I was actually scared the death to get the first one. LOL! But I'm having a great time with the tank, and look forward to posting in the future :D

Welcome! Back when I set up my first reef tank (2002) I was scared to death to have coral as well. I placed an order for a detritivore kit from a place in Hawaii. They included two free frags of coral. Anthelia and a finger leather. It freaked me out :lol:

But...I learned how easy it was to keep those corals alive and became hooked ever since. I love anthelia. I look forward to seeing some pics of your tank!

Here's Murphy! Love this lil girl. This was about a year ago. She found a bit of GHA and never left... Haven't had the heart to get something to eat her home yet, since it's not really spreading :P

post-71917-1326996442_thumb.jpg

Murphy again, and Chester the Gramma. and my first lil mushroom. My hand was literally shacking when I put it in the tank! LOL! Had to get over that quick! Much more fun when you loosen up a bit.

post-71917-1326996930_thumb.jpg

That's so cute...clown being hosted by GHA :lol: I wouldn't have the heart to remove it either....not before getting him/her a new home. Once that toadstool grows large, it could be a replacement. My clowns loved living in my giant toadstool.

surgicalsense
Here's Murphy! Love this lil girl. This was about a year ago. She found a bit of GHA and never left... Haven't had the heart to get something to eat her home yet, since it's not really spreading :P

Too cute ... it doesn't know any better.

That's so cute...clown being hosted by GHA :lol: I wouldn't have the heart to remove it either....not before getting him/her a new home. Once that toadstool grows large, it could be a replacement. My clowns loved living in my giant toadstool.

I'm hoping "Murphy" will take to the toadstool or something else eventually. After feeding the corals over the past couple weeks, the hair algae is popping up everywhere :angry: I didn't mind it when it stayed self contained (and on a couple of the snails... :huh: little afro puffs! Looks so funny!) I thought Murphy took to the ricordea, but there was just one of the GHA covered snails by it... *sigh* Think its time for an emerald crab!

Archived