Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Is this too much light?

jgpico

I have the opportunity to purchase two 400 watt metal halide lights for my 120 gallon for a killer price. Do you think this would be way too much for this tank? Thanks for any help guys/grills.

devilsadvocate
I have the opportunity to purchase two 400 watt metal halide lights for my 120 gallon for a killer price. Do you think this would be way too much for this tank? Thanks for any help guys/grills.

this would be good for you tank. only problem, is that its gonna get really hot.

3.3 boy this country is really lacking in the math department. It's fine I have a 400w DE on a 58 with 2 PAR38. Check link below

I think brad read it as 400 total. I had to do a double take also.

I can get this setup for $150 total so that's why I'm asking. I will figure out a way to deal with the heat. I figure I can keep anything I want with this light setup.

3.3 boy this country is really lacking in the math department. It's fine I have a 400w DE on a 58 with 2 PAR38. Check link below

LOLOL!!! Made my day.

I am definitely planning on doing 20k bulbs if i end up going with these lights. I will probably end up setting up a duct system with fans pulling the heat away from the fixtures.

Archived